Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Questions about PM and changes

(10-03-2012, 09:22 AM)EricaB Wrote:  I've read here that progesterone makes breasts fuller and prolactin makes them rounder, or vice versa. it's late and i might have the hormones wrong. After things begin to blossom should we begin using some of these shape enhancers as well as the PM?

Diva is pretty much on the nail as far as I know. Progesterone is responsible for creating what we recognise as a rounded 'mature' breast shape ( as opposed to the conical/triangular 'teen' breast shape). Prolactin is responsible for starting milk production and that is the swelling associated with pregnancy.

You can apply Nature-identical Progesterone topically in cream form or ingest it as a capsule in its micronised form .
There is no actual herbal product which either contains progesterone or contains a substance which the body can convert to progesterone ( and that includes Wild Yam!).
Progestins are NOT the same as nature-identical progesterone, they are manufactured to have the same hormonal effect in the body ( which they do) but they also have some very nasty side-effects and anyone with any sense will keep away from them.

Prolactin is not actually a hormone, as far as I understand it, however I could be wrong and it probably doesn't matter anyway. Again there is no herbal source and in this case I don't think there is a synthetic version either, but again I could be wrong. As far as I know the only way to get a Prolactin effect is to persuade the body into making its own, and that effectively means fooling it into believing it is pregnant!!!Big GrinRolleyes If you read Isabelles huge thread, you will find, about a dozen or so pages from the end, that she has a list of herbs and their various effects and that includes which ones are recommend for increasing Prolactin production.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I am going to continue with the PM and as long as I dont get to big or have other major changes then I am fine with it. I have been on the gynecomastia sites and have read alot about acceptance of it and wearing a bra as you get bigger. plus dealing with others about it and that helps. Also if i did want surgery to remove them it would cost about $8000, so all this makes it easy to accept and I do also want to try for a bigger size. When I get enough nerve up I may even put some pics up

(10-03-2012, 05:35 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  Prolactin is not actually a hormone, as far as I understand it, however I could be wrong and it probably doesn't matter anyway. Again there is no herbal source and in this case I don't think there is a synthetic version either, but again I could be wrong. As far as I know the only way to get a Prolactin effect is to persuade the body into making its own, and that effectively means fooling it into believing it is pregnant!!!Big GrinRolleyes If you read Isabelles huge thread, you will find, about a dozen or so pages from the end, that she has a list of herbs and their various effects and that includes which ones are recommend for increasing Prolactin production.

I believe I have read that using a breast pump that women use for breast feeding can cause the body to release Prolactin (even in men).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon