Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

NBE question

hmmmm us men who are growing breasts..good thing we don't have issues...haha

[/quote]

LOL, that's true enough, but paranoia/psychosis sounds a little more serious than what I dealt with before PM.

And those issues have gone away completely since taking it.

But point taken. I'm sure it would've gotten worse with age.

I was under the impression that weed causes some people to grow breasts.

(02-04-2012, 02:13 PM)bryony Wrote:  Truly, a joy to behold! Totally agree, those are beautiful!!

Re: growth, surely when you reach your genetic programmed limit, it will stop naturally, won't it? Like in genetic females?

As far as we know, yes, but OTOH, for some at least that may be larger than they feel they can get away with in 'normal' everyday life.

There's a theory growing around that micronised progesterone would stop growth and develop shape, but I don't know if it is true. Maybe because girls increase progesterone in greater quantity when they stop growing? Not sure, maybe someone more knowledgeable will comment.

I'd never heard of micronised progesterone until JuileTG brought the subject up last autumn. I had been using nature-identical prog topical cream on and off through last year with no noticeable effects either way. at the beginning of this year I decided to apply the cream regularly for 28 days a month as recommended for post-menopausal women, but I only had enough cream for about 6 weeks so rather than buying more cream I decided to give Microgest a try and bought 2 months worth. They say take 1 x100mg per day for 25 days a month. I stopped after about 20 days because I just didn't like the way I was feeling generally. It may have been coincidence but something was telling me the microgest was the cause. However, bottom line is that after a total 3 months of progesterone supplementation, I've seen no noticeable effect on the shape of my boobs. What I HAVE noticed, is that during roughly the same period I've been conciously trying to lose weight and have dropped about 15lbs or so and I'm sure a significant volume of boob has gone along with the waistline!Sad

Re: Low carb - rule of thumb: if it used to move, or came from something that moved, you can eat it. Otherwise you can only have a little. Smile

I did three things:
1) (..and most important) I simply cut down in a controlled manner the AMOUNT of food I eat.
2) For 3 or 4 days a week I ate only salads with a little pasta, low calorie dressing and with either chicken or fish/prawns. At weekends I ate maybe steak or gammon on Saturdays, and on Sundays we always have a traditional roast, but less of it.
3) NO snacking!!!!

That regime for 3 months has dropped me by 15lbs or so.

(03-04-2012, 07:19 AM)Vesperia Wrote:  I was under the impression that weed causes some people to grow breasts.

That sounds like a desperate quest for justification, if ever I heard one!

(01-04-2012, 08:29 PM)PattiJT Wrote:  I became so frustrated trying to load on the pictures page, and getting absolutely nowhere, .... I think most of the problem was due to the fact that my pics were too large, in the 2 1/2-3 MB range. I readjusted my camera and now have it set for roughly 600 KB, but it may still be too large for the pictures pages.

Yes it is.
It tells you when you try to upload that 500KB is the maximum allowable file size for a JPEG.

(03-04-2012, 01:04 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  You're talking about me, aren't you!?

*flies into psychotic rage*

Good one! Smile

Quote:But on a serious note, everyone I know smokes pot often....and honestly to have the kind of reaction you're talking about, the person would have to have serious issues to begin with, in my experience.

Sorry, but I'm afraid that's a fallacious argument... anecdotal knowledge of people "getting away" with smoking tobacco until they're 80 or drinking a pint or two of whiskey a day doesn't deny the fact that there are very bad effects for a large number of people, and the trouble is, like all kinds of drug or practice, you never know whether you are susceptible until you get hit by it. (Like Ecstacy users dropping dead on the dance floor).

You may be ok and the friends that you know are ok - for now - just as the millions of tobacco smokers who had their lives drastically shortened by it were ok when they were young.
Possibly the kind of "issues" you referred to were the sorts of stresses that would make one person smoke 60 a day instead of 10 - except now it would perhaps be 10 times as many spliffs or joints.

There could well be a tipping point - who knows? I just feel the need to point out, for the good of all, perceived risk factors, when discussing what I consider extremely risky behaviour, for perhaps very little gain.

What about unprotected sex, for example? Do you know the relative risks of contracting HIV vs a psychotic episode? I don't pretend to, but if people avoid one pleasurable but risky endeavour, why not both? Hmm.

What worries me is that, the more this is considered "normal" behaviour, the more it encourages people to take it up - particularly in this group where people desperate to grow breasts may think it will help.

Anyway, as we are all a kind of self-help group, I thought I would chip in.

Just for interest, I've put a few references below. As others may be aware, I'm sceptical of orthodoxies, particularly those put out by BBC Pravda, so if they are generally in favour of legalisation, as they appear to be now, there has got to be something wrong with it.Wink I'm particularly interested in the research commissioned and funded but not used by the DoH - probably came to the wrong liberal conclusion...

B.

This refers to how weed is more potent now than it used to be

High Potency Marijuana Causes Paranoia and Psychosis
http://ezinearticles.com/?High-Potency-Marijuana--Causes-Paranoia-and-Psychosis&id=1819067

This refers to MRI brain differences before and after use

Paranoid or Placid? Scans Show Pot's Effect on Brain
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/...20529.html

Cannabis psychosis following bhang* ingestion
*(a drink containing cannabis)
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.11...x/abstract

The British Journal of Psychiatry
http://www.ukcia.org/research/Psychiat.htm
Interestingly, this one says:
Declaration of interest: This review was commissioned and funded by the Department of Health, but the findings are those of the author alone.

Health aspects of cannabis.
http://proxy.baremetal.com/druglibrary.n...colRev.pdf

Oh, I'm not saying it's good for you, only that psychosis seems pretty far fetched in my experience. Big difference between shortening your life and making you insane! If you'd rather believe government studies about this, feel free. I could pull up links that claim it cures cancer, but what's the point?

You can find a study to say just about anything these days, you're much better off using your own experience and common sense. People have been conditioned to believe anyone wearing a labcoat with a title that says "expert". I wouldn't say the results are totally invalid, but neither is the financial backing of big pharma, along with the textile and paper industries, to a lesser extent. Exactly how many prescription drugs have been rushed to market, only to have far more disastrous consequences for people than something found in nature?

Something tells me if they could slap a patent on it, it wouldn't be illegal, and instead of these studies, you'd be having TV ads for it with sick people floating around in the sky to calm music, and a far shorter list of side effects than the drugs they push now. But don't listen to me, I'm a paranoid lunatic, according to research.

Of course, some people that don't smoke will say it makes them paranoid...but that affect seems to fade with a higher tolerance.

I need to worry about quitting smoking tobacco more than weed anyways.

These studies strike me as this century's "official" version of Reefer Madness. Think about it, what two symptoms best describe the behavior of the actors in that piece of propaganda?

Paranoia and Psychosis.

Well, for what its worth I only known one person who regularly smoked Marijuana. I also knew her mother, sister and brother and they were as sane as the rest of us ( not saying a lot, I know...), however this one was definitely unbalanced...eratic, unpredictable, bursts of suspicion to the point of bordering on paranoia, nice as pie one minute and a raving looney the next. Could be coincidence, could be some other form of illness, who knows, but.....

(03-04-2012, 07:18 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  Well, for what its worth I only known one person who regularly smoked Marijuana. I also knew her mother, sister and brother and they were as sane as the rest of us ( not saying a lot, I know...), however this one was definitely unbalanced...eratic, unpredictable, bursts of suspicion to the point of bordering on paranoia, nice as pie one minute and a raving looney the next. Could be coincidence, could be some other form of illness, who knows, but.....

Sounds bipolar to me.

I also know one person who is completely batshit insane, and like almost everyone else I know, she smokes pot.

I just wish she wasn't dating my brother lmfao. It baffles me how people make their own lives so complicated by their own choice.

But yeah, that bitch is fruit loops. Don't see the weed as her issue, though.....although I suppose anything's possible, and if a person had mental issues, anything mind altering could potentially make matters worse.

To each their own, I guess.

(03-04-2012, 06:40 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Oh, I'm not saying it's good for you, only that psychosis seems pretty far fetched in my experience. Big difference between shortening your life and making you insane! If you'd rather believe government studies about this, feel free. I could pull up links that claim it cures cancer, but what's the point?

You can find a study to say just about anything these days, you're much better off using your own experience and common sense. People have been conditioned to believe anyone wearing a labcoat with a title that says "expert". I wouldn't say the results are totally invalid, but neither is the financial backing of big pharma, along with the textile and paper industries, to a lesser extent. Exactly how many prescription drugs have been rushed to market, only to have far more disastrous consequences for people than something found in nature?

Something tells me if they could slap a patent on it, it wouldn't be illegal, and instead of these studies, you'd be having TV ads for it with sick people floating around in the sky to calm music, and a far shorter list of side effects than the drugs they push now. But don't listen to me, I'm a paranoid lunatic, according to research.

Of course, some people that don't smoke will say it makes them paranoid...but that affect seems to fade with a higher tolerance.

I need to worry about quitting smoking tobacco more than weed anyways.

These studies strike me as this century's "official" version of Reefer Madness. Think about it, what two symptoms best describe the behavior of the actors in that piece of propaganda?

Paranoia and Psychosis.

I'm not getting at you - I too have great reservations about big pharma and government control. I also think that government, with a tame, colluding mainstream media constantly stokes up fear, uncertainty and doubt in order to help maintain control, and more importantly, have supporting reasons to tax us.

But to dismiss the increasing evidence supporting the effect on some people from extended cannabis usage mainly because you don't want to believe it, to someone my age, is reminiscent of the days when evidence was accruing that, yes, smoking tobacco is bad for you, will give you (pick one or more) of cancer, congestive heart failure, emphysema, chronic bronchitis etc, and _still_ people would say "oh no, all my friends and their parents smoke and they are perfectly fit and healthy".

For years cannabis users have been arguing for legalisation partly on the basis that it's safer than smoking, so I can see it would kind of rankle when evidence to the contrary crops up.

Anyway-I think the real "reefer madness" is actually Global Warming/Climate Change/Climate Disruption/(another fancy name for weather) no appreciable warming now for 15 years, yet the UK government wants companies to tender for a £1billion contract to find a way to pump CO2 into the ground. This in order to satisfy a legal commitment to make a gesture, a drop in the ocean compared to China and India (with its space program, and whom we still give £00,000s every year for their "development") and we have a deficit of trillions to pay! Madness or what?

But that's a different story/rant ...

B.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon