Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

progression

(24-03-2013, 04:27 PM)Holmes12 Wrote:  
Quote:As far as I know there is no way of "taking prolactin', in an NBE sense at least. There is no natural/herbal type source.

Prolactin production within the body, male or female, can be stimulated / increased by taking domperidone, a handy source of this is the drug motilium.

So not NATURAL as in NBE by any stretch of the imagination.

Just a cursory google of this horrendous drug gives me the heebie-jeebies!

It's rather ironic that one of the known side-effects of anti-dopamines is dysphoria and clinical depression! Isn't that what's got you here in the first place?

If you are willing to go to these lengths of experimental pharmacology, why don't you go for a proper transition with medical supervision?

This place seems to be turning into TS DIY Hormones!
Sheesh!
Bryony

(24-03-2013, 09:42 PM)bryony Wrote:  
(24-03-2013, 04:27 PM)Holmes12 Wrote:  
Quote:As far as I know there is no way of "taking prolactin', in an NBE sense at least. There is no natural/herbal type source.

Prolactin production within the body, male or female, can be stimulated / increased by taking domperidone, a handy source of this is the drug motilium.

It's rather ironic that one of the known side-effects of anti-dopamines is dysphoria and clinical depression! Isn't that what's got you here in the first place?

If you are willing to go to these lengths of experimental pharmacology, why don't you go for a proper transition with medical supervision?

Sheesh!
Bryony

If you want "natural," then Goat's rue--just don't kill your liver in the process. A more refined, less toxic form of Goat's rue would be the prescription drug metformin which seems to be prescribed for nearly everything these days. There's no guarantee it will raise prolactin, however. I take the maximum dose in an effort to improve insulin sensitivity, and my prolactin level is slightly below the mid-point of the normal range.

Another option, [sarcasm] would be extreme starvation almost to the point of death, followed by adequate nutrition [/sarcasm]. It was not uncommon for men who survived the Nazi death camps to lactate once proper nutrition was restored. It was due to the total hormone disruption caused by nearly starving to death.

If one looks up galactagogues, nearly every NBE herb is on the list. Using a breast pump (like for extracting breast milk) every 2 hours for 20 minutes (that is every 2 hours even in the middle of sleeping) is supposed to induce lactation after a few weeks or months. Supposedly, just wanting it badly enough can cause it to happen, but then I remember reading a little blurb that women can increase their breast size by up to 1 cup size just by thinking long enough and hard enough about wanting larger breasts.

Btw, I'm with you on domperidone. I will never, ever ingest another pharmaceutical aimed specifically at tweaking my brain chemistry. Among other things, antidepressants stole my joy and slowed my ability to recall information, and after six years of not taking them, I've yet to get any of those things back. I was on three different antidepressants (one at a time) over a course of about two years, then it took me six months to successfully wean myself off the third one.

Holmes12 Wrote:
Quote:
As far as I know there is no way of "taking prolactin', in an NBE sense at least. There is no natural/herbal type source.

Sheesh!
Bryony

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that this was supposed to be an open minded forum, where ideas were exchanged and discussed. Not just an area for sarcastic rants.

And I actually got into motillium because of gastric disfunction, not dysphoria, I just happened to read a lot about the possible side effects of its main constituent.

(25-03-2013, 11:18 PM)Holmes12 Wrote:  Holmes12 Wrote:
Quote:
As far as I know there is no way of "taking prolactin', in an NBE sense at least. There is no natural/herbal type source.

Sheesh!
Bryony

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that this was supposed to be an open minded forum, where ideas were exchanged and discussed. Not just an area for sarcastic rants.

And I actually got into motillium because of gastric disfunction, not dysphoria, I just happened to read a lot about the possible side effects of its main constituent.

Sarcastic rant? Actually it was irony - sarcasm needs a victim - and it wasn't a "rant" - simply exasperation that a forum dealing with natural methods is yet again talking about dabbling in risky self-medication.

You have to draw a line somewhere, and it is supposed to be "natural". People do use lots of drugs for other than their intended purpose which in itself is risky.

You responded to "...in an NBE sense at least. There is no natural/herbal type source", where NBE means Natural Breast Enlargement, with a counter that it could be stimulated by using unlicensed pharmacology - which misses NBE by a country mile...In fact it's as relevant to this forum as breast implants.

I'm all for being open minded, but if it's risky behaviour I feel empowered to "rant" a bit - if someone started discussing DIY penectomies with box cutters, I'd get really cross!

(Incidentally, I'd consider getting a safer medicine or seeing if there is a dietary change that would help. I lost a lot of my gastric symptoms and the need for acid reduction medicines simply by removing wheat from my diet.)

B.

Fenugreek was a viable alternative to something like motillium for my digestive/bowel problems. Having taken it off and on for the last 4 years or so, it isn't as effective as it once was. It still significantly reduces odour from my "wind" and "droppings", but is less effective at preventing cramps, gas, and bouts of diarrhea than it used to be. I'm currently off FG again, because I think it helps to let my body reset back to "factory default" from time to time. It also keeps the dog out of the bathroom when I'm in there, giving me more space. Rolleyes

I am at 11 months on PM.
At about 10 months I pretty much quit growing but stayed on PM
I started taking Tagamet about 2 weeks ago for my stomach.
Since then I have started to grow again at a surprising rate at lease for me.
It was poof right into tanner stage 3 with sore pointy nipples.
Have any of you heard of this?

Good development 'Elisaustin', very pointy, but you might be better off posting it in the pics pages.

The best herb I used in terms of settling my gastric problem was Flax seed, but it started becoming a chore grinding the seeds to add to my cereal. And remembering to take some to work for the recommended daily intake. Motillium is just easier, it works, and I can live with the gas which happens less often these days, I just wish the suposed breast developing side effect had happened, but I think all my development is due to the PM.

I definitely eat too much bread.

It's probably been asked before, but what size on average should the mass under the nipple be, and should it be hard or squidgy.

I have quite a firm (sensitive) solid mass under both nipples, the left side is biggest, and about the circumference of a golf ball, maybe sightly larger. Is this normal.

I try to research this on Google, but everything I read is scary, and talks about cancer and ultra sounds, they talk about seeing a GP with any signs of Gyneacomastia. Has anyone else experienced this?

(27-04-2013, 11:01 PM)Holmes12 Wrote:  It's probably been asked before, but what size on average should the mass under the nipple be, and should it be hard or squidgy.

I have quite a firm (sensitive) solid mass under both nipples, the left side is biggest, and about the circumference of a golf ball, maybe sightly larger. Is this normal.

I try to research this on Google, but everything I read is scary, and talks about cancer and ultra sounds, they talk about seeing a GP with any signs of Gyneacomastia. Has anyone else experienced this?

It normally first becomes apparent at about a large pea size and then slowly grows to about golf ball size. as it does so it becomes less bullet feeling and more firm but slightly squidgy.
Then it probably changes shape to become more like a little volcano than a ball and its quite normal for one side to be bigger than the other.
However not everyone experiences all of this in exactly the same way.

The references you've found almost certainly relate to advice to guys who have sudden and unexplained and unwanted gynecomastia...however, we WANT it and know why it is developing and are actively promoting it, so no need to worry about that, as such ( unless you are worried by what is happening in which case you shouldn't be doing this in the first place).

Quote:Pansy-mae: The references you've found almost certainly relate to advice to guys who have sudden and unexplained and unwanted gynecomastia...however, we WANT it and know why it is developing and are actively promoting it, so no need to worry about that, as such ( unless you are worried by what is happening in which case you shouldn't be doing this in the first place).

Yes this is true. I was just worried because nothing happened for so long with NBE, and then in Feb, the mass was there all hard and sensitive, so I wanted to know if it was normal development, hence the research.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon