Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Newbie advice please.

Abi,

Thank you for the explanation. When I buy herbals, I buy either standardized extracts that have what appears to be the common strength used in studies or sold by most major brands or I buy whole herbs in doses that seem to be standard (e.g., FG seems to come in 610 mg capsules in most brands). I really try to avoid products like that one because I never have any idea what I'm really buying. I buy a lot of things from Swanson and Vitacost, but if I can't compare apples to apples, I skip the product I'm not sure of in favor of the one that matches the specs of what I read about that made me seek out the supplement in the first place. I find all manufacturers seem to have at least one item in their catalog that is labeled in such a way that they appear to be engaging in deliberate obfuscation.

(17-04-2013, 04:20 AM)MonikaT Wrote:  I find all manufacturers seem to have at least one item in their catalog that is labeled in such a way that they appear to be engaging in deliberate obfuscation.

Yes... Swanson's brand actually has many...

Doctor's Best has at least one example I've seen, I think it was for isoflavones. Which is a sub-par product even when sold honestly...

I don't get this product though. When MOST brands do this, is because the herb their selling isn't all that great to begin with, so they want to try to make their product for that herb sound better... But Saw Palmetto is already a very well established extremely useful herb... Not really something you want to horse around with, but something you REALLY want to make the best product you can to attract buyers instead.

Makes me wonder about the rest of this particular mfg's line...

Hiya, thanks for all your advice, so what shall I do with that sp seeing as iv already
ordered it? Worth taking?

Also if I start on small doses of pm what sort of dose will give me results?

I'm really hoping for fat redistribution to be honest, really want to become feminine in body shape and my fiancé is really supportive as long as I manage to keep me male function when I really want to use it.

If I were to take 2 herbs what ideally should I be taking and I what doses bearing in mind I wish to keep male functionality?

Thank you all so much, as much as iv researched I have had different answers but here I seem to be getting everyone on the same lines, really appreciate all your time taken to help me, really inspired by your progress threads and will be making one of my own when I figure out a good herb routine.
Xxx

(17-04-2013, 03:33 PM)Alex21m Wrote:  If I were to take 2 herbs what ideally should I be taking and I what doses bearing in mind I wish to keep male functionality?

I'm taking PM (1,500 mg/day, or 3 capsules) and SP (320 mg/day of standardized extract, or 2 capsules). As I mentioned before I am experiencing breast growth and fat redistribution. I also have very positive mental benefits (reduced/eliminated anxiety, reduced gender dysphoria, reduced libido) but still retain full male function. The biggest difference in function is I need to work up to an erection, kind of like how a women needs to work up to arousal. Once there I have no issues at all "performing" for my wife.

So to answer your question, you could try PM and SP (especially since you've already ordered the SP). I know some of the other members question the benefit of SP along with PM, however. I think the consensus here is everyone responds somewhat differently to the different herbs -- you need to find the best combination and dosages for you.

Best,

Misty

(17-04-2013, 03:33 PM)Alex21m Wrote:  Hiya, thanks for all your advice, so what shall I do with that sp seeing as iv already
ordered it? Worth taking?

Also if I start on small doses of pm what sort of dose will give me results?

I'm really hoping for fat redistribution to be honest, really want to become feminine in body shape and my fiancé is really supportive as long as I manage to keep me male function when I really want to use it.

If I were to take 2 herbs what ideally should I be taking and I what doses bearing in mind I wish to keep male functionality?

Thank you all so much, as much as iv researched I have had different answers but here I seem to be getting everyone on the same lines, really appreciate all your time taken to help me, really inspired by your progress threads and will be making one of my own when I figure out a good herb routine.
Xxx

You have a couple options on the SP you bought. You could try to return it, if you can't cancel the order, and take a financial hit for re-stocking fees, if any, and shipping charges, possibly in both directions, depending on the company--some do pay for return shipping. The other option is to take a different kind of financial hit in the form of paying a fairly high price for an inferior product and just using the product. Either way, you've probably wasted some money.

As for which two herbs to take, I'd say PM and FG. Others might offer different advice. I take six FG capsules (two caps times three) daily. PM sort of depends on the brand. Ainterol R1 seems to be more potent, but might still need 2-4 capsules a day. In the UK, there is also http://www.puerariamirifica.co.uk/ and most people seem to take 2000 mg of their product. It is possible 500-1000 mg will cause fat redistribution without too many other effects like brain rewiring (if it even happens to you) or loss of sexual function. PM liquid extract might be a better choice, but it is more expensive. Bulk powder is cheaper, but also less exact when dosing.

You might not even need anything else. Keep in mind, abdominal fat aromatizes T into estrogen so your T level might already be a little lower than other males your age. You might begin to notice performance problems at a lower dose than some here.

Also, remember, NBE might lead to sterility so if you want children of your own, it is something to consider. Finally, what works for one person might not work for another since we are all different.

I would start with one cap/day on PM and SP, and wait for a week or weeks to see how your body responds, and if it is positive, then, increase the dosage. Meanwhile I would shave my chest and add breast massage to my routine. I would also add some light exercise.

Good Luck...

well im going on holiday in june so dont wanr to develop breast buds untill after that ( last holiday with the family) so may take 500mg pm and either fg or sp (not sure yet just to get minimal results and prepare myself for an increase in dosage as soon as i get home,, good idea?

becoming sterile wouldent bother me too much, not planning on kids and could always use a doner.

thanks again, you all look great by the way, been looking through progress threads lol xxx

(17-04-2013, 06:50 PM)pom19 Wrote:  I would start with one cap/day on PM and SP, and wait for a week or weeks to see how your body responds, and if it is positive, then, increase the dosage. Meanwhile I would shave my chest and add breast massage to my routine. I would also add some light exercise.

Good Luck...

as soon as iv been on holiday i will be waxing again lol, im not too interested in loosing weight lol i just want boobies that are abit rounder and a nice curvy figure xxx

I am one of those who is loosing sexual functionality from taking PM. I did not experience any loss while taking SP, FG or RC. In fact the FG increased my libido if I alternated frequency and dosage. I am going into my third month of PM so decision time is quickly approaching. I am experiencing a lot of nice changes, especially nipple sensitivity, but I don't know if I want to give up functionality just yet. I am in my fifties so I'm pretty sure there is a natural change in play here too. BTW, I am taking 2,000mg of R1 each day.

Light exercise will help you to get a curvy figure. Even women that neglect their proper weight lose their hourglass shape. Light exercise will also make your blood flow increase to absorb your nutrients that is needed for NBE. Also many advise not to mix other Phyto-estrogen plants with PM. SP blocks your Testosterone so estrogen can be absorbed by your body. Good Luck...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon