Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Twinklepose's program

I have no idea what dose is actually necessary for use as an AA.
In some places I see the dose for Reishi listed as 1.5g 2-3 times per day(3-4.5g total).
A dose of 2-3 caps 2x daily of the brand you bought is only 1.5g total.

A few warnings about reishi:

It's suggested that you start at a low dose and work your way upward from there.

I've read that after 4 months on red reishi you should take a break from the reishi for 1 month, then repeat. Other places suggest not taking it every day.

Be cautious of taking blood thinners like asprin too close to a dose since reishi is a blood thinner.

Wait an hour between taking prescription meds(synthetic) and reishi.
The Reishi has a detoxing effect which could reduce the effectiveness of other meds.

(18-01-2015, 04:43 PM)Outsider Wrote:  I have no idea what dose is actually necessary for use as an AA.
In some places I see the dose for Reishi listed as 1.5g 2-3 times per day(3-4.5g total).
A dose of 2-3 caps 2x daily of the brand you bought is only 1.5g total.

A few warnings about reishi:

It's suggested that you start at a low dose and work your way upward from there.

I've read that after 4 months on red reishi you should take a break from the reishi for 1 month, then repeat. Other places suggest not taking it every day.

Be cautious of taking blood thinners like asprin too close to a dose since reishi is a blood thinner.

Wait an hour between taking prescription meds(synthetic) and reishi.
The Reishi has a detoxing effect which could reduce the effectiveness of other meds.

Thanks Outsider, may I ask where you heard that about reducing the effectiveness of other meds? That concerns me a little.

I take an antidepressant - just once, at night time. But I take this at the same time as I take my night-time herbs.

I'm alergic to asprin, so not concerned about that too much as I don't take it.

Here's my updated program. As ever, any thoughts/advice would be gladly received.

2,000mg PM (Ainterol) - 1,000 on waking and 1,000 before bed

1,500mg Reishi (eBay's finest!) - 750 on waking and 750 before bed

1,200mg calcium (Holland and Barrett) - 600 on waking and 600 before bed

40 drops white peony (Baldwins) - 20 on waking and 20 before bed

With the reishi, the recommended dose is 2-3 capsules twice a day and, with the peony, 15-20 drops three times a day. It's tricky taking in the peony in the middle of the day, though, due to work. Bottle states: Herb:Liquid 1:3, Alcohol 25%.

I've now been on the PM for just over two months and have had tender nipples for two weeks. No budding that I can detect yet, though (see other thread). Hopefully that will begin soon.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon