Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Alternate, more efficient method of PM intake?

(17-11-2013, 01:10 AM)fwoodhull Wrote:  I am not sure where I read this, but if I remember correctly, I read that a lot of the potency of PM is removed during digestion.

Actually, that is exactly the opposite of the actual bodily process Smile

PM NEEDS to be processed by the liver, to convert the Miroestrol to its more potent form Deoxymiroestrol, in the body. This happens naturally and directly as part of the digestion process, so ingesting it is by far the best way of taking it. Applying it topically relies on absorption through the skin, then it being picked up into the bloodstream to transfer to the liver.

The calcium thing I'm not too sure about, for some reason it is supposed to assist absorption in the stomach.

Not only do I confirm what PansyMae says, but I would advise great caution with what gets put up your back side. Many years ago I had a bad experience with beer, and I reckon I was lucky to get away with no more than the king of hangovers.

As to calcium, I have noted a number of medicines that advise taking them either with or well spaced from calcium and it seems that calcium can either help or hinder their processing by your stomach. I use a small amount of yogurt to take up the PM powder I take (the cheapest form, but a very fine difficult to wet powder that cannot be taken dry) and often a Rolaid as well since I'm not certain how much calcium is needed.

In my opinion calcium very much helps

On the odd occasion I drink milk with pm I can always feel quite an amount of activity same or next day

Julie

Thanks all for the responses. I'll try the milk/yogurt to see what that brings.

Now that I know that it must go through the liver to be processed into what really matters, wouldn't absorbing it via other means then digestion be effective still? I'm not a biologist out anything, but doesn't your blood circulate through your liver constantly anyway? I'm not trying to necessarily argue for my idea, but I really want to get a solid grasp on how this all works together so I can make an educated decision.

I also understand the risks of absorbing things anally. I know that alcohol can be a VERY dangerous thing to do it with as you don't have your digestive system telling you to "slow down asshole!" I try to be very conscious of what I put in my back side (which is why I don't use lubes with perfumes or flavors in it.)

why not take it sublingually

I'm not exactly sure what calcium does for pm but it does a lot forthe body. It helps regulate cell permeability. It aids in male and female hormone secretion, cell division and osmotic balance.  It stabilizes cell membranes, helps muscles relax and slows nerve transmission and the heart rate.  Calcium also helps prevent fluid loss from cells and blood. It inhibits thyroid-releasing hormone and increases insulin secretion. It is required for phosphorus metabolism and energy production in the krebs cycle. It's a detoxifier.  Blood clotting and fat digestion depend on calcium levels and it helps maintain the pH balance of the blood. And a couple of other things.

(17-11-2013, 04:40 PM)fwoodhull Wrote:  Now that I know that it must go through the liver to be processed into what really matters, wouldn't absorbing it via other means then digestion be effective still? I'm not a biologist out anything, but doesn't your blood circulate through your liver constantly anyway? I'm not trying to necessarily argue for my idea, but I really want to get a solid grasp on how this all works together so I can make an educated decision.

I'm no expert but I believe that the blood vessels which absorb nutrients from the digestive system, go to the liver before returning to the heart. Therefore the stomach is the quickest way of getting the most PM to the liver for conversion and then distribution.

All blood goes through the liver, so it will get converted no matter what. The stomach method is the least effective but safest method of administering a drug because it gets processed by your digestive system and liver before becoming available to your body.

Absorbing through a mucous membrane like the colon or under the tongue is more effective, but doesn't work with the raw powder of the pills which need to be broken down by going through the digestion process. If you can make a good extract of the sterol compounds (or buy one) you can use it for sublingual (under the tongue) or rectal (mixed into a wax base) applications. I tried the Ainterol extractsub-lingually and it was about as effective as the pills.

My most recent experiments with administration have been mixing the extract with the propylene glycol used for e-cigarettes and inhaled using an eGo vaporizer. This actually works better than any other method I have tried. I am still working out what concentrations I need to use to allow me to still use the eGo for nicotine delivery but not overdose on the miroesterol, but I have experienced amazing changes since I started the vaporizing.

(19-11-2013, 07:16 AM)MyNewGyrlz Wrote:  All blood goes through the liver, so it will get converted no matter what.

yes, of course it does, but the hepatic portal vein goes directly from the gut to the liver, so it short circuits the need to, say, absorb sublingually or via topical creams.
(19-11-2013, 07:16 AM)MyNewGyrlz Wrote:  The stomach method is the least effective but safest method of administering a drug because it gets processed by your digestive system and liver before becoming available to your body.

You are missing the point that the liver converts miroestrol to the more potent deoxy form and therefore to go through the liver straight after absorption has to be more efficient.

I tried the anal absorption method a couple days ago, and I honestly felt more effects from it on those days. I felt my craving to have a female figure stronger, my nipples were more sensitive, and I could feel more "growth pains" in my breasts. The days I just take it orally produced less of these feelings. Yes, oral digestion may be the quickest way to get it to go to your liver for conversion, but I think this other way may be more potent as it is not broken down in digestion, and more ends up going to the liver eventually.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon