Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Got some good news today!

Sure. Why not? And at that T level the Spiro should help. Lord knows, that's the last thing I need right now...tee hee.

Carys

Annie never got around to saying anything nice on your other thread before it got hijacked and best left well alone, but I'm so glad things seem to be looking up for you. Smile

Interestingly, I was prescribed Spiro about thirty months ago in order to find out whether it would be the magic bullet to deal with my then very resistant high blood pressure, since it is very effective with one fairly rare type of hypertension. In my case it did provide a very modest but quite inadequate BP reduction. Just before my next appointment with my doctor, at which she probably should have taken me off it, she died suddenly so I stayed on it for another 18 months before my new PHP and my cardiologist got my BP under such control that I was able to drop or reduce a number of meds. In the meanwhile, it definitely did succeed in getting my previously ineffective attempts at achieving breast growth well off the ground. Whether it would have done anything on its own even without the herbs (not then including PM) which I was then taking, I don't know. The spiro and other BP meds I was taking seem to have so thoroughly finished off my male function that I don't think that spiro would be any longer relevant for me. Good luck with the Spiro/E2 combination which should really get things moving for you.Big Grin
Sad 

Now I have some bad news.

A psychiatrist that I have been seeing at the VA for my anxiety meds cancelled the order that the endocrinologist put in for me, because he feels like I am not ready for it. This same psychiatrist professed to me on multiple occasions that he "is not an expert by any means in this subject." I am beyond upset, and absolutely crushed right now. He says that he wants me to live full time in a female role until I start on HRT, and I explained to him that because of the masculine features I have, I don't feel comfortable enough to go out in public in women's clothing. I told him that I love wearing them, but at the same time I feel somewhat torn because I see the male figure that I still present. (Never mind that he completely botches in recording things that I say to him in my medical records.) I told him that I would LOVE to be able to go out in public as a female, but because of my obvious male figure, I can't do it and feel comfortable...hence why I need the HRT first. I even gave him the situation being like him telling me that I have to get this job in order to get a car, but the job that I'm supposed to get requires you to have a car. Why the hell can't he understand that?! Angry

I understand that he may have his reasons, and he is only doing his job, but why can't he grasp the concept of the predicament that I am in right now? I don't even feel like getting out of bed in the morning. I don't want to do anything. I am so devastated right now.

Carys, honey, I am si sorry. Big hugs, baby. I know how bad and angry you must feel right now. Your psychiatrist is old school. For a long time, the medical and psychiatric world viewed the only path for tg people as binary...either full transition to female or not. So there were well meaning though incorrect safeguards put in place to prevent people who really were not right for srs from making irreversible mistakes. Although the world has changed greatly this last decade, and now recognises a vast middle ground, many old school doctors have not kept pace. I am not surprised a VA doc is among them.
What can you do?
You can self medicate or you can get more sympathetic help elsewhere.
If you choose the former it means either staying with herbs or obtaining hormones from overseas suppliers. That can be done. Ask sweet Sarah, as she has experience and can recommend good websites. It is quite legal, though a little more costly than through a scrip.
The other choice is to find a different therapist to see and get a scrip from. I dont know where you live, sweetheart, but most cities have TG resource sites that can point you toward tg friendly therapists, counselors and endos.
But do not lose hope honey. You will get there.Wink
Feel free to pm me if you want even if you just need to vent. Sammie has your back, baby. I listen real good.
HugsSmile

Thanks. I will probably continue with the PM for now, but I do not want to order hormones from overseas, as I can get them without cost at the VA once I can get through the red tape.

I am really thinking of requesting a new Dr. to talk to at the VA about this. I initially wasn't supposed to be talking to him about this in the first place, and quite frankly, I don't feel very comfortable talking to him about anything in the first place. There is just some vibe that seems off when talking to him. Plus his inaccurate records keeping has given me some trouble with the medical clinic on base. I forwarded his notes about my first session with him (for the anxiety,) and he had noted that I "admitted to using cannabis 10-15 times a month." When the Chief saw that, she had me come into her office and explain to her why I thought it was alright to do drugs while I am in the military. I did not even see that he had put that in my records until then. So this guy has nothing good going for him on my end.

I'd be upset too but don't let a few obstacles (strangely close to the word obstinate) get in your way.

1. Fire your psychiatrist and get a new one.
2. Order hormones overseas (PM me for more details) but realize it can take up to a month to get them.
3. Find a TG friendly medical doctor who would be willing to monitor your hormone levels.
4. If you have a Yahoo account, check out this link
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TsDo...mones/info

Justifiably angry as you are, you still have options Carys

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon