Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Feminine voice

Wow! This thread has left me in the dust. We're talking graduate level gender studies here. LOL. I can't even imagine taking on voice training where I'm at.

I don't have a bass voice. As an amateur singer years ago, I was considered a tenor, so with training I might be capable of a female voice, but I don't feel the need at this point.

It is interesting, though, how my goals keep changing. I'm waiting for the wigs and makeup stage to hit me next (darn you, Karren! Big Grin). It's the slippery slope model of how some of us go from man to woman over the course of a few years.

I'm curious as to how many of the longer term members of this board progressed from modest objectives, like growing some small boobs, to wanting to more and more feminization as each goal was reached. Is a point ever reached where you become satisfied with how far you've come? I know, it's different for everyone, but I'm talking statistical probabilities here.

Clara Smile (trying to see through the pink fog)

Don't forget, honey, that for many, and maybe most, the clothing came first, followed by the wigs and makeup, and only then the breasts. For those of us in that camp, the voice becomes a logical next step, right?Wink

(04-02-2014, 09:59 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  http://www.genderlife.com/voice-consulta...ice-tutor/

I found the videos to be helpful. You will feel a little silly though ;p

I have a long way to go myself.

It's not easy, but if you really want to, you can do it! Good luck!

Yes, good intro videos on their site here http://www.deepstealth.com/film-tv-video...ale-voice/

I also bought their voice instructional series as they are on sale and figured I'd need it someday. I'm really curious if I can accomplish this and what I would sound like! Big Grin

(05-02-2014, 07:48 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Oooh, Annie, I am dying to know who it was! You tease, you.Tongue
But thanks for seeing my point. I will keep working on it, but it is daunting. As Sarah observed, and doubtless knows from experience, it is really tough starting out and not feeling really silly (Kudos to you big time, Sarah!)
I really loved what Jeto was able to do in this regard in Dallas Buyers Club!!!Smile

I'll give you a clue about the cousin. He started off as a Shakespearian actor, but is mainly remembered now as maybe one of the first of a long string of actors to depict a very well known fictional detective (in his case in a series of excruciatingly bad movies).

I've lived in Canada for nearly 40 years without losing much of my original accent, but my vocabulary and phraseology and sometimes pronunciation, tempo and spelling, have changed much more than my accent. Likewise 'feminine voice' also includes, as well as the strictly voice issues which I find so daunting, the use of femininisms (not to be confused with feminism!), different word choices, speech forms and sentence construction, as well as different cadences, and different ways of using speech for manipulation, query, and expressing emotion, few of which come naturally to those of us brought up as males.

Ooooh, I think I might know! I might have to pm you for verification!
As to the OP topic, you are spot on, Annie! The various factors you mentioned are all part and parcel of a complicated subject. But it is vitally important, because at root all those factors are not just a matter of presentation to the world, but a comprehensive indicator of the person inside.
As Samantha, I not only feel things differently (a real learning and growing experience in itself), I THINK differently. Learning to Express that through writing has been an adventure which I am still discovering, much to my joy, but when I open my mouth it is a different story. My male side still rules that roost, and is giving me a hard time.
But I have this suspicion that until I find Samantha's actual voice, and grow comfortable allowing her to relax into it, she will never be completely liberated. And further, I feel that her liberation is a needed step, to put her on a completely equal footing with the male side. Only then, when both sides stand toe to toe, will I, I think, be able to begin integrating them back together into one, hopefully, healthier and happier person.
Thanks for "getting it" Annie!
There is no telling where this road is going. But the wise will tell you it isn't about the destination but the journey.
Hugs

I was wondering if any of you speak a foreign language, or are studying a foreign language. Do you attempt to mimic the speech patterns of a native speaker (accent, intonation, emphasis, etc.)? If you do, I would think that learning to mimic the way women speak is possible. If not, I doubt you will be able to do it well. It is a talent that some have, others don't.

These days I find myself observing women, especially younger women, with respect to their dress, movements, body language, speech, etc. Never paid much attention before. I think that successful passing is achieved by getting all aspects more or less right. Nothing has to be perfect, but no one thing can be obviously wrong.

BTW, I watched the 48 minute documentary film "Beautiful Daughters" tonight. It's snippets of interviews with several of the transwomen that made up the cast of "The Vagina Dialogues". It was interesting to listen to their voices. Nearly everyone had mastered the female voice convincingly, imo.

Clara Smile

Sammie, I'll give you the answer by PM.

I've always been a believer that the journey is more important than the destination.

Clara, my aptitude for languages, at least as they are spoke, is alas on a par with my aptitude for acting.

Wow! Do things change in a hurry! I dug this old thread up today because I'm now at the stage of wanting to develop a female voice. This closet is getting too confining...lol. Three months ago I was clueless about even considering the idea (until sisters Sarah and Sammie knocked some sense into old Clara Big Grin ). So, now I get it, girls...(not so girlish sounding giggle). Thank you.

I've been viewing Youtube videos on transgender voice training, and getting more and more confused about the best way to go about it. Start high - work low. Start low - work high. Start in the middle - work out.....OMG!

I'm thinking that spending a few bucks for a training program might be a good idea, but there are lots of those advising not to waste my money. Hiring a voice coach is way too expensive at $100 an hour, so that's out. Sarah's link above to genderlife.com and the "Finding Your Female Voice" program seems like a bargain for the 2 DVD & CD kit at $36.99, but is it really worthwhile? Help!

Clara Smile

Hi Sammy & Clara,

I am also on the Genderlife/Deep stealth program for voice and like Sarah says it is a bit silly, but it does work. It is totally worth the money... at least for me. YMMV

GM

(13-05-2014, 07:22 PM)groundmoss Wrote:  Hi Sammy & Clara,

I am also on the Genderlife/Deep stealth program for voice and like Sarah says it is a bit silly, but it does work. It is totally worth the money... at least for me. YMMV

GM

I just finished ordering the DVD/CD kit. Thanks for the testimonial, GM.

Clara Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon