Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

got fired yesterday

Ugh people suck! Im sorry you got fired and had that happen...

How horrible.

Although in a "right to work" state you have no protection thanks to Republican interest in business as opposed to personal rights, you can insist on an audience with someone who has a superior position to the one that fired you. If you make enough of a case and make enough noise, you may get an audience that has some concern. Would rather settle than defend. Most administrators avoid conflict, especially when they have no legitimate position. In addition, your direct supervisor may not have the confidence of higher ups. This supervisor may also be in disfavor with superiors. State your case to a higher decision maker. Trust me, I know. I have overridden the decisions of middle managers many times.

Best wishes,

Zoe

Hello all,

So with Michael Sam coming out earlier this week it has come to my attention that sexual orientation or gender identity is not protected under any federal law.

A bill was passed in the Senate but Boehner - pronounced boner - hasn't taken a similiar bill up I the House.

(11-02-2014, 12:15 AM)ZOE Wrote:  Although in a "right to work" state you have no protection thanks to Republican interest in business as opposed to personal rights,

Once again... No one has a right to a job. Period.

Seriously... has no one here ever read the Constitution and Bill of Rights? Has no one read any of the Founders, taken a civics class, learned how and why we are a country, or even know the meaning of the word "liberty"? This is just disgusting.

If it were up to you knuckleheads, I'd never be able to fire an employee for any reason, and I could just sit and watch my business run into the ground.

Is it cool to fire someone for their appearance, or who they are, if they are doing a good job? No. I've never done that, and I don't intend to. I personally base everything on performance. But it is the right of a business owner to do so nonetheless. If you don't like it, go start your own business, and see if it works like you think it should. News flash: it doesn't. I'll bet not a damn one of you whiners has ever run a business. You'd know better if you had.

If you get fired from a job because someone doesn't like you... guess what! Your life isn't going to be any easier if you manage to force them to keep you on! Go get a better job somewhere else, hopefully with better pay and better management, and quit the damned whining.

And grow up. Life really gets better when you get over the idea that the world owes you something just for breathing.

On the other hand, the rest of your advice is pretty sound. Going over a direct supervisor's head is never a way to curry favor with that supervisor... but it can be effective as a last resort. I don't have a problem with anyone standing up for themselves... just the notion that anyone has a *right* to be employed.

Miss C,

I do agree with you. Yes, I am familiar with the concept of liberty. Matter of fact, I'm reading the book Freedom Under Siege by Ron Paul.

I'm not a business owner but I do regard myself to be a libertarian. I realize employers have the right to hire or fire anyone they want, just as individuals have the right to quit their job and accept a job position elsewhere. Perhaps the one exception to this is if the employer/employee are bound to a contract that states otherwise.

I also realize employers want to hire the most productive and skilled individuals possible, just as employees usually want to earn the most pay and work in a favorable environment as much as possible. As I said earlier, I haven't run my own business, however I am experienced with fulfilling a supervisory role. While I didn't have the power to hire or fire, I knew I wanted the people working for me to be an asset to my team rather than a liability. Trying to micromanage disgruntled employees or motivate slackers to be productive can be very fruitless and counterproductive. I understand why employers may opt to fire deadweight employees rather than give them a second or third chance. Organizations are in the business of either making a profit or fulfilling a charitable cause. Jobs are created to add value to the organization. They are not created arbitrarily.

Losing your job is a hardship, but I agree that legal action or anti-discrimination legislation isn't the answer.

Roxy,

I really do hope you find a job that you enjoy doing and is open-minded about gender expression and such. Smile

Roxy,
I am very sorry to hear that. However, I feel like you need to do something. If you truly feel like it was solely because of a discrimination factor you need to act on it! You need to legally set an example for other people that they have no right to deny unemployment to people for being who they are.It takes a brave soul to stand up, but I'm sure many people will follow. I hope everything works out for you!

Hello, mine is also just happened. My "colleagues" have slandered me in management, because I have this page viewed during the lunch break.
The problem is that is believed only the supposedly strongest.
Human being are not as tolerant, but I know that always there for each point in life, which is finished with a new beginning.
I'm also devastated, but what can you do. I think with my qualifications there will not be a problem to find a new job.

Dont worry be happyWink

Lots of love

(15-02-2014, 03:27 PM)annam Wrote:  Hello, mine is also just happened. My "colleagues" have slandered me in management, because I have this page viewed during the lunch break.
The problem is that is believed only the supposedly strongest.
Human being are not as tolerant, but I know that always there for each point in life, which is finished with a new beginning.
I'm also devastated, but what can you do. I think with my qualifications there will not be a problem to find a new job.

Dont worry be happyWink

Lots of love
if you read it during your lunch break you have nothing to fear .

I'm not afraid. my severance pay and payment in the next few months will ensure that I am covered. I have also long been converted looking for me for a new job, and do not think I long to need to find a new job. I'm more happy about it. Except in "my" small department, there was almost no for which it is worth to continue to keep this company. So I hope the Myboobs can help those words.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon