Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Testosterone 101

(28-03-2014, 04:18 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  I tried to find a pie chart on testosterone, this one will have to do for now, Peggy can find us one (Peggy please) Blush

Sorry Lotus, had no luck either. Sad

(28-03-2014, 12:53 PM)chrishoney Wrote:  
(28-03-2014, 04:50 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  ..... In clinical research, nettle has demonstrated the ability to stop the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (by inhibiting aromatase, an enzyme required for the conversion),

Aromatase mediates the conversion of testosterone to estradiol while 5-alpha reductase mediates the conversion of testosterone to DHT. I'm pretty sure you aren't confused about that difference, but it's a pretty important distinction to make in the context of the present discussion. So, does nettle inhibit aromatase or reductase?

Nettle is certainly a confusing herb, it even has galactogogue and astringent properties.

Nettle raises T and E, keeps SHBG in check so it doesn't shut down your Free T, you would need to take it with one of following. It's definitely a Potentiator.

Pro-Aromatase
Peony Root - Estrogenic, blocks 5ar and pro-aromatase - Strong.
genistein - Estrogenic and pro-aromatase
Licorice - Anti-androgenic and activates alpha and beta estrogen receptors and blocks 5-ar -

It's a 5-ar
In clinical research, nettle has demonstrated the ability to stop the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (by inhibiting aromatase, an enzyme required for the conversion), as well as to directly bind to SHBG itself -

It's a AI
Other research also reveals that nettles can prevent SHBG that has already bound to a hormone from attaching to the receptor sites on the prostate, as well as to decrease the production of estrogens (estradiol and estrone) by inhibiting an enzyme required for their production.

E binds itself to androgen receptors in the brain tricking the brain into to producing more T (free t), when this happens androgen receptors become inert, (lifeless so to speak), leaving Free T stuck with no place to go.

Q-So how do we synthesize?.

A-By using a pro-aromatase

I think we're also not mentioning that all this carries health risks, but I'm guessing either we know all this or we choose to think about them later.

So by keeping Free T in healthy ranges and proceed to check out we leave all the clotting, cancer, ED, and other issues behind, right?

I dunno, what do I know, I'm just crazy enough to come up with this theory. Blush

(28-03-2014, 03:45 PM)peggy Wrote:  
(28-03-2014, 04:18 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  I tried to find a pie chart on testosterone, this one will have to do for now, Peggy can find us one (Peggy please) Blush

Sorry Lotus, had no luck either. Sad

Ok thanks Peggy, I'm sure something will turn up! Wink

If anyone noticed, a cause or atrophy of ED was listed.

Ok Lotus so I picked up some Saw Palmetto last night....

Its 900 mg per cap (serenoa repens) (fruit) 4 to 1 extract whatever that meansHuh

It also has 21mg pumpkin seed, nettle root, lycopene, and betasitosterol...

This sounds OK right???

Now where would I get white peony???

I think I understand from what your saying the SP and WP would be better than the spearmint Im taking???

Ok Lotus I read your comments on the growing spearmint thread and read this post on SP and Chrishoneys comments on SP...

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=10318&page=2

So now AGAIN I am leaning against SP...

I am on swanson vitamins spearmint caps... I figure reduce total T reduce DHT and important for me even more than growing huge knockers, reduce upper body muscle mass...

The PM and spearmint have been really working nice on achieving that for me...

Gonna have to look into finding white peony I think...

Thanks again for all the info you put hereSmile

(28-03-2014, 07:53 PM)LittleMissS Wrote:  Ok Lotus I read your comments on the growing spearmint thread and read this post on SP and Chrishoneys comments on SP...

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=10318&page=2

So now AGAIN I am leaning against SP...

I am on swanson vitamins spearmint caps... I figure reduce total T reduce DHT and important for me even more than growing huge knockers, reduce upper body muscle mass...

The PM and spearmint have been really working nice on achieving that for me...

Gonna have to look into finding white peony I think...

Thanks again for all the info you put hereSmile

Lol, I'm glad you saw that LMS,

I'm not anti-SP, just in a NBE way I have an issue w/the anti-E properties. There's a source I have yet to try but the prices seem reasonable, it's called Mountain Rose Herbs,

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/search/search.php?utf8=✓&refine=y&keywords=White+peony&commit=Go

LittleMissS,

I like the fact you're putting in the time and effort to find out what will work better for you. Have you ever had your Testosterone checked?.

The more you know=the better you grow, (well thats imo) Wink

(28-03-2014, 08:38 PM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  The more you know=the better you grow, (well thats imo) Wink

That's cool. Would be a nice signature. Wink

(28-03-2014, 08:46 PM)peggy Wrote:  
(28-03-2014, 08:38 PM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  The more you know=the better you grow, (well thats imo) Wink

That's cool. Would be a nice signature. Wink

It's yours, Peggy Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon