Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Testosterone 101

Hm, nettle seems to act very complicated, I think. Wink
I don't think I am going to give it a try. Blush

Thanks anyway for your explanation.

(29-03-2014, 12:16 AM)peggy Wrote:  Hm, nettle seems to act very complicated, I think. Wink
I don't think I am going to give it a try. Blush

Thanks anyway for your explanation.

Yes definitely, if it's too complicated it might be overrated!, Blush

Anyways back to T101, Big Grin

Free DHT, I need to ponder that one!

Come on, nobody got the atrophy/ED reference? Dodgy

(29-03-2014, 12:33 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  Come on, nobody got the atrophy/ED reference? Dodgy

Nope.

I was doing a little back reading and just to clarify: We want to halt the conversion of T to DHT since DHT is the real 'enemy' to aromatase but we don't want to eliminate Free-T since it's Free-T that's eventually converted into E? Thus, we want herbs that target T-to-DHT conversion but leave alone Free-T? And such herbs that would best accomplish this are Reishi Mushrooms, White Peony, and Spearmint? Whereas SP may prevent T-to-DHT conversion it is also a potential estrogen inhibitor? So long story short, not all T is bad?

Sorry if I'm off on any/all of that.

Thats what I got but I think spearmint lowers total T, so less T less DHT but also less T available for aromatase...

So WP is supposed to lower DHT while leaving free T intact but WP is also a PRO aromatase thus there is more free T to convert to E???

No I missed the ED reference too... But I do have a headache...

It seems like a catch-22: We don't want DHT so we reduce T but if we reduce T we reduce Free-T. But how important is the conversion of Free-T to E if we're taking sufficient amounts of E via PM or the like?

(29-03-2014, 04:53 AM)eloise614 Wrote:  
(29-03-2014, 12:33 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  Come on, nobody got the atrophy/ED reference? Dodgy

Nope.

I was doing a little back reading and just to clarify: We want to halt the conversion of T to DHT since DHT is the real 'enemy' to aromatase but we don't want to eliminate Free-T since it's Free-T that's eventually converted into E? Thus, we want herbs that target T-to-DHT conversion but leave alone Free-T? And such herbs that would best accomplish this are Reishi Mushrooms, White Peony, and Spearmint? Whereas SP may prevent T-to-DHT conversion it is also a potential estrogen inhibitor? So long story short, not all T is bad?

Sorry if I'm off on any/all of that.

Yup, that about covers it, I don't think you'll find anybody crazy enough to suggest this, except maybe me (Sorry). I've poured over dozens of site and material and even heard of a doctor that suggests Estrogen is made out of DHT. So I'm not suggesting this by the seat of my pants. Look, keeping Free T in the healthy range is NOT going to hurt you, in fact the medical community would actually applaud you for wanting to do it. But everyone else who wants to grow breasts will tell you that it's completely nuts, (I don't blame either).

Think of it this way, we all have the enzyme aromatase, some more functional than others. How well we synthesize it is based on your age, bmi and health.

Again, my theory especially for bio-males, the more bio-active T you have the more Aromatase can synthesize it. So go back to the pie chart and look at that small percentage of Free T, that's what we should focus on. Once you understand Free T there is a way to affect a larger increase in that percentage. I won't even go there yet, but you've heard the commercials talk about it, but they don't really explain all the details.

Btw, when we talk about E, it always is referenced as E2, estradiol.

Before I forget,

Q-why do we get atrophy while on NBE?

A- we have androgen receptors in our members, so when E shuts down those androgen receptors basically mr. happy becomes mr. or mrs. if you prefer unhappy! Rolleyes

Sorry LittemissS and everybody else, I'll pick this up later today! Wink

(29-03-2014, 06:18 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  Btw, when we talk about E, it always is referenced as E2, estradiol.

Before I forget,

Q-why do we get atrophy while on NBE?

A- we have androgen receptors in our members, so when E shuts down those androgen receptors basically mr. happy becomes mr. or mrs. if you prefer unhappy! Rolleyes

Sorry for my faux pas. E2 it is.

Oh, I get it now. Thanks for explaining that. Tongue

As for the whole 'T is Good' argument, I'll have to do some more reading. I understand your theory and it seems wholly plausible but at the same time it seems a bit intuitively contradictory. It's a fascinating line of reasoning and I look forward to more of your research on the topic.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon