Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Laser beard removal/reduction

EMLA made me brave and I cranked my Tria to "Death Star Mode"...my face felt like bacon and all i could smell was burnt hair lol.

Yesterday was my second laser appointment at the hospital, i had a decent amount of clearing/bald patches in my beard after the first session, we tried ice cold air yesterday which really took the edge off and meant we could crank up the power a little, i was finding it uncomfortable otherwise, hopefully sessions will get more bearable as we go along, i did ask about emla (thanks clara) and she is happy for me to use it, thinking i may try taking paramol an hour before and seeing if that helps at all before trying emla

I had my first laser session 2 days ago. My hope is to get rid of the dark ones with laser because it is cheaper and faster before moving on to electrolysis for the gray bastards! I didn't take anything for pain before or after but I will next time. it's not that bad but I want her to use the highest possible setting without burning me and the jawline and upper lip were rather painful even at a moderate setting.

Hi Kari, you can do both at the same timeWink The sooner you start electrolysis on the grey/white hairs the better... It takes a LONG timeSad It took me 6 laser treatments 1 1/2 months apart for the first 2-3 then 2 months apart... Its coming up on 2 months after number 6 now and Im very happy to see almost nothing dark coming back... I like to think Im done with laser now and any more dark hairs I will take care of with electro or my new Tria X4 laser Im using on my pits and bikini area.... After about 140 hours of electrolysis I can go in for 1-2 hours a week to clear everything nowCool But I used to go 2-3 times a week for 2 hours per session for at least 6 months before I had my first clearingRolleyes I donno if I'll ever be "done" with electroRolleyes

I never used anything for the pain with laser except for ice afterwards, the first 3 times were the worst but it was also a lot better after that, totally worth the painWink Your gonna love it when they all fall out and your shadow is goneCool

Looking back it was about a year ago I started on this with my first laser treatment... Now I dont shave anymore except for maybe a quick one with an electric shaver between clearings with electroBig Grin

Good LuckWink

I thought it might be helpful for people to see the results of laser in a comparative way. I have had one treatment on all areas of my body except my arms and face, although I did have one patch done on my arm about 10 weeks ago in order to see what it would be like to have everything else done. While it may make my arm look a bit strange, it has provided a great way for me to see the results of laser in comparison the rest of my arm. Keep in mind that I use an electric razor to trim the hair down to a centimeter or so, but I think this still really shows how well laser can work. This was just a single session, which took about 30 seconds to do.

Kate

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Had 4 sessions of IPL, and as expected there haven't been significant results.

So got a second hand Tria (3rd Gen) on the way Rolleyes It uses the same laser diode as the 4X. No idea when the batteries will conk out, as they seem to do on the Trias, but cheap enough to experiment with. Might add pics on my picture thread if there are good results.

Gave the face a full zapping on level 3 Cool

It was tolerable. Upper lip was the worst. Might give 4 a go next time.

Hello Everyone. Let me relate my IPL experience.

I am a cross-dresser in my mid-fifties and have long wished that I could get rid on my beard. Therefore, after paying nearly £50 for a set of replacement head and cutters for my trusty Remington I decided to look at more permanent options.

After quite a bit of research and price comparison checks I decided to opt for a course of IPL treatments. At my initial consultation, at the therapist at the company I chose to use recommended I book a course of 10 ILP sessions which, I was assured would "catch most of the dark hairs at every stage in the growth cycle". And that this would leave me with a few lighter hairs which would be much easier to manage. I was also advised that continuing beyond that with something like electrolysis was a god way to go.

The IPL course lasted just under 12 months. And, I have to confess, I was delighted with the result. Most of my dark beard hairs had simply ceased to be. And the clippings in my shaver were an off-white colour rather than the dark sludgy hue they had had. And much easier to cover with make-up. What was disappointing was the density of the light hairs that remained. I had no idea just how many of these little buggers I had. So, after much deliberation I decided to to give the electrolysis route a try.

I initially booked a course of 6x 45 minute sessions at 2 week intervals. These proved very effective and although they did not make massive inroads - I could start to see signs of hair free flesh, the progress was painfully slow. But what was disappointing was the re-appearance of some rather dark, ugly beasties, that I had though had been confined to history.

After another heart-to-heart with my therapist a top-up session of 3x IPL sessions was recommended. Which I duly booked. Sadly, the electrolysis had to stop in the mean-time. This had the right effect and the persistent dark blighter's did make a retreat.

This set a pattern - 6x or so electrolysis sessions then 3x laser. The last-but-one laser session my therapist recommended full laser rather than IPL. But I have to confess that after 3x session I was not convinced this was as effective as IPL. And went back to IPL for my last 3x sessions.

That about brings me up to date. I once again have almost no dark hairs in my beard and am enduring 45 minute electrolysis session every 2 weeks or so. I am resigned to the fact that I will eventually need another course of IPL sessions and that my electrolysis will go on and on. But on a positive note, my skin hasn't looked so clear and smooth for a long time. When I do a full make-up job there is no visible signs of facial hair. I have also now been on a PM regime including SP, RC and FG for about 10 weeks and my facial skin is feeling really loevely.

OK its been 2 months now since my 6th and last laser session and so far Im really happy with the resultBig Grin BEST $700.00 Ive spent was on that package of 6 gentlelase alexandrite laser treatments done by a real dermatologist that I believe didn't hold back on cranking the power upCool I swear this woman is a closet sadist because she showed NO mercy and I'll admit Im into that kind of kink Blush Tongue

My progress with electrolysis has also been very goodSmile I just go for a complete clearing every 2 weeks for 1-2 hours... She's just been taking out everything now but there really aint many dark hairs and she says they come out very easilyCool

So I did get a Tria X4 and I did my third treatment on my pits and bikini area today.... I gotta say I like it and there was a nice reduction after only two treatments.... The first one hurt like hell but each one has been easier so It really is working, it was a lot easier for number three todaySmile

I started out right on full power and Ive just been doing it about every two weeks when I epilate.... I have had some annoying very fine darker hair coming in just a little on my upper lip and under my lower lip but really its like a woman would get... Too fine really to do with electro... So I decided to put some EMLA on it and I did a couple zaps on level 3... Not too bad so I went full power... Well the upper lip HURT like hell so it must have been working... My lower lip and chin are still very numb after FFS so that wasn't as bad...

So for what Im doing Im impressed and its been very useful so far and worth the $$$ considering my laser woman wanted $825.00 to do my pits and $75.00 for a "touch up"...

Im thinking Im gonna let my cis GF try it out because I love to point it out that my pits are smoother and much more shadow free than hers now CoolBig GrinTongue

You did the gentlelase alexandrite laser? Me too. 5 sessions on the whole face, 5 on just the upper lip/lower lip. It really destroyed my facial hair lol.

Well, some light fine ones (and a few fine darkish hairs like you mentioned too) are coming back now, but i found an electrologist with an Apilus Platinum so they get dealt with during my weekly 2-3 hour session.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon