Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Laser beard removal/reduction

Yea Im sure in a day or two your gonna be really happyCool It usually takes me two days to completely heal from electro but even after one day its a lot better...

Looks pretty unpleasant to me BUT I know how it goes and what Id endure to have it gone!!! Its gotta hurt but hey this stuff aint for sissies!!!! Tongue:

Well number 5 went way better than I thought it would Big Grin

It still hurt but since there werent many hairs left Im not nearly as sore...

I should be good to go today, just a little sore and a little swellingBig Grin

Now I can see the few white hairs that are left, I donno if Im ever gonna be done here but there arent many for now...

I was VERY SAD to hear the Lady who has done all that electro for me was involved an a BAD wreck last week... She was in the ICU for 4 days and she's looking at a month of INPATIENT rehab Sad I still havent heard all the details but its very sad, she has been more help to me through all this than my paid psych could ever be...

I dont have much religion left but my thoughts and prayers are for her to make a good recovery without too much pain Sad

Oh yea Im gonna have her do my armpits, she did a few test spots and it wasnt bad at all.... Of course Im sure I will be singing a different tune when she does all of itBlush

Same deal as the beard, 6 treatments 6-8 weeks apart and she claims permanent removal... $825.00 is a bit steep but my pits and pubes are the only dark hairs left.... They are pretty dark too so I think it will work good... She seemed to think it would work good for me.... It would be real nice to not have to shave them anymore and have zero shadow at all...

Im thinking Im gonna do that next week AND get a quote for doing my bikini area... not the full job of course but the area around the bikini lines could goBlush PROBLEM there is we are talking another year at least to do that down there and I just might have things rearranged down there before she would be done BlushSmile

Hi,

Has anyone tried the Silk'n products for home laser hair removal? Was thinking of getting one.

https://www.silkn.com/buy-sensepil-pro-65k/

I and others have used the Tria 4x, and been happy with it.

(Technically it is still on the early side for me to say, but it seems good so far!)

I figure even at its price, it is a cheap experiment compared to pro laser and electro.

I can always get electro for touch ups!

- Jaded Jade

I've been doing a fair bit of reading on this subject and due to the minor issue of low $$ flow, I came to the conclusion that my best bet would be to go with a flash & Go... For $300.00 it is within a price range I can afford, and at least for now until I can save up for electro on the more stubborn areas, should cover most of my basic needs for hair reduction.

As my face, arms, chest, legs and pubic area are... rather hairy... reducing as much cost as I can is a must. Chewbacca has less hair than I do so electro or laser would be prohibitively expensive for me unless I do some drastic reduction myself before hand. I am looking to buy the flash and go in march and start removing my bear fur rug from my chest. I hope it works.

https://www.silkn.com/buy-flash-and-go/?tab=faq

If you're looking to permanently reduce the hair on your chest, I doubt that an IPL device like the Flash & Go is a wise use of your limited funds, Elaine. It works as an alternative to shaving with longer intervals between treatments, but it won't permanently reduce your body hair. It can't generate enough heat to destroy the blood capillaries that feed the follicle. Unless you cut off the blood supply to a follicle, a new germ cell will always grow to produce a new hair. Have you tried using an epilator?

Clara

I've been very limited in what I can do atm. The next couple of months my spare cash is being used for a tattoo on my back. I go for the line work Thursday and then on Feb 14th the color work, so my cash on hand is very limited at this time. I may very well purchase an epilator next month if I can find a decent one for a decent price (no more than $140.00) as well because I am a strong advocate for attacking an issue from multiple fronts. But due to a $200 a month outlay for medications I am often limited to what I can do money wise (I am disabled so my income is not fluid). My chest, face, arms and pubic area are the most pressing issues for me but money severely limits what I can afford to do.

My primary concern is my face and chest. My arm, and leg hair is shaveable for the time being and my armpit hair can be dealt with as needed as well. My face however... I have a multi tone beard, dark and white hairs scattered all over the place so electro is likely to be my only long term permanent solution, but it is also one that is markedly out of my price range on a regular basis. So I will only be able to afford to do it in small sections at a time over time. Thus the use of the IPL to maintain a longer duration smoothness.

My current living situation is... well lets just say it's not conducive to me totally feminizing as much as I would like to. I can get away with work on my face, even my chest but risk issues if I do anything else (I live with a severe homophobe and avowed trans hater and currently don't have the ability or funds to move). I can't even sleep in clothing i'd prefer to sleep in for fear my room will be invaded and what I am wearing revealed. I risk homelessness in that case so for now I simply endure what I have to and work towards my goals one day at a time.

~Elain

I am having the Eagle tattood across my shoulders and back. It represents my acceptance of who I am, and the freedom my eventual transition will bring.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-01-2015, 10:15 AM)Lananonymous Wrote:  Hi,

Has anyone tried the Silk'n products for home laser hair removal? Was thinking of getting one.

https://www.silkn.com/buy-sensepil-pro-65k/

Tried one and it wasn't giving me the results I though I should be getting. Having much better results with Elos Me Smooth.

I recently bought a phillips lumia ipl device, i decided to try it on my hands and feet and see what happens, after 3 treatments over a 6 week period i have significantly less hair growing in these areas, i havent shaved my feet in 2 weeks and hands in a week and have about 5% the amount of hairs visible i normally would have pre treatment, it may have helped that i had been waxing and epilating for a year before starting meaning more hairs will be in there growing phase, not brave enough to try it out on my face so have not long started professional laser treatment through a local private hospital to remove my beard, cant wait for the beard to be gone, if my hands & feet are any example i expect to have significant clearing by the summer

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon