Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I hope this inspires you all. :-)

(12-04-2014, 09:59 PM)MichelleM Wrote:  
(12-04-2014, 09:46 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Thanks for the info!! That just MIGHT be it!! I hear that standing in one place a lot causes this, but I was doing that very much when it started. I was doing a LOT of walking, albeit back & forth quite a lot over a 30 foot long area (at work), which is also puzzling, because I'm told walking a lot helps it!! I tend to do a LOT of walking, but it hasn't gotten any better!! THESE days, at my new job, I tend do a LOT of standing/sitting around (which I HATE), so, it's not helping at ALL!! GOTTA get a new job!! Or at least start drumming a lot more, swimming a lot and find a bike to ride a lot.

You're welcome! Smile

Yes, walking is supposed to help, but it didn't appear to do much for me.

You may want to think about wearing some compression socks. The first few ones I tried didn't work well for me; they essentially crushed my toenails (one still hasn't recovered). I've found some lightweight thinner ones that appear to be working; they don't crush my toenails, and they are thin enough that I can wear them under normal socks.

I'm a great believer in compression socks. I get mine from Ames Walker in North Carolina (ameswalker.com). Their own brand socks are of excellent quality and much cheaper than the competition, and their service is
excellent - I'm just a satisfied customer. I think they are particularly valuable for anyone standing or sitting around a lot or subject to swollen legs - and the fairly high compression ones I use (style 126) replace regular socks and don't compress my toes: in fact you can get types without toes at all.

No problem, Heather! I hope you liked it.
Michelle: I HAVE thought about getting some, but the ones I've seen go anywhere from $45.00 to nearly $100.00 a PAIR, and I wear a size 16 (mens) shoe, so, it's not likely they'll fit!! I DID try a pair of knee highs a month ago, I forget where I got them, but they were a MAJOR, MAJOR bitch to get on just to my ANKLE!! I gave up on them!! I DO have some Peavey compression tights, the kind Hooters girls wear, I just haven't had the chance to wear them, you know how homophobic the world is!! Again, if the band still existed, I could at least wear them to gigs. At least THOSE I don't have much trouble putting on, but, I think I might've grown a bit, because the same size I bought a decade ago, now, don't quote fit! :-/

Thanks, Annie!! I'll have to look them up. Do they sell my size?
I bought a couple pair of rainbow striped thigh high socks a few years ago (I like very colourful things, tie-dye, etc.) and I CAN get them on nicely, but, they only go up just past my knees!! Once I walk around in them, they slide down just below my knees. Pantyhose and tights slide down a bit too. I hate that!! One thing I discovered though, if you wet your hands, just a splash on each hand, then firmly grasp just above your ankle, one leg at a time, and slide them up your leg that helps to hike the pantyhose/tights back up for a while! You might have to wet your hands 2 or 3 times per leg, but it works great! Because the material is so thin, it dries pretty quickly....like a minute, or so, later.

Compression socks , hmm as I recall that's what my dear old granny used to wear to help with her swollen ankles ... Now for some reason I'm starting to feel old, sigh!!

Right now I just keep moisturizing them, maybe it helps, maybe not, but if I don't the skin goes very dry and flaky

My granny used to wear regular knee-highs, nylons, but hardly ever had them up to her knees. She wore them like socks! even if she was wearing shorts, she'd have those on and didn't care if anyone could see they were only knee-highs.
I've been creaming up my right calf the past few weeks because it started getting very itchy. IF I scratch it in ANY way, it can still get itchy, but not as bad as it was two weeks ago.

Lol. You said, "granny" and it reminded me of how it sounds like tranny, then I remembered that my friend, Carla, a tranny, is now a granny tranny!! ;-)

Hi Girls,

Something that is sometimes used to bleach darkened skin is lemon juice.

BigDave

http://youtu.be/qyZuubpmRpc
Here's something else you might like and find at least partly inspiring.

(09-04-2014, 10:14 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  A FEW of these shots have a hint of maleness, like, if you know in advance and know what to look for, but, otherwise, they're ALL pretty nice!! A few are damn hot!! Enjoy!!
http://youtu.be/8ysHU7D56I0

Hi Missed Miss,

Very nice! Tongue

However, I do so dislike slow internet connections, it takes forever to watch videos. Angry

BigDave

(16-04-2014, 06:35 AM)s67bigdave Wrote:  
(09-04-2014, 10:14 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  A FEW of these shots have a hint of maleness, like, if you know in advance and know what to look for, but, otherwise, they're ALL pretty nice!! A few are damn hot!! Enjoy!!
http://youtu.be/8ysHU7D56I0

Hi Missed Miss,

Very nice! Tongue

However, I do so dislike slow internet connections, it takes forever to watch videos. Angry

BigDave

I hate `em, too! You should at least get DSL.

(16-04-2014, 06:38 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  I hate `em, too! You should at least get DSL.

Takes money, which is in very short supply right now.

BigDave

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon