Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

disappearing male

Did that for me at the 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's and now lower 160's...

150's on the horizon... Its a BATTLE and at each round number they want to go back UP where they were...

I expect another there but SHE will win again Big Grin

Where there is a will there is a way...

One thing that ALWAYS worked for me no matter what BS is going on is keeping an eye on the prize and knowing what it is you truly want....

Once thats there just go with my sig lineWink

Im sorry I forgot too because Im so in my head right now with everything thats gone down here lately... I just wanted to say congrats on your progress and Im sincerely happy for you Kari....

I love all of you here, peace be with you allSmile

Kari, I went thru that exact same thing. The weight went from 210 down to 190 then stuck there awhile. Another plateau at 180 for a long time. Then a drop down to 170 for months. Finally broke that a few weeks ago and got to 165 where I am finally comfortable again. I don't know why the body does that. Maybe it takes a while for the metabolism to adjust?

Either way, kudos to both you and Eva. And, I have to tell you...clothes fit so much better...tee hee.

(11-05-2014, 02:37 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(11-05-2014, 02:04 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  not that I'm weak, but I've never had/been able to get any of the usual male upper body muscle bulk, I am stronger than I look but still not as strong as most others

Lenneth,

For whatever reason, your statement reminded me of the arm wrestling I did as a child with the other boys. If I recall correctly, most of the matches ended in a stalemate.

As far as bulking up, I'm not sure how successful I would be in that endeavor, pre-NBE or now. Drinking protein shakes and being a gym rat has never been an interest for me. I can understand wanting to bulk up if it's a vital trait for your line of work or something, but working out just to get bragging rights or to impress someone is unfathomable to me.

I was stupid and caved to ridicule once and tried to bulk up, turned out to be a colossal waste of time & money for me.

(12-05-2014, 02:50 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Kari, I went thru that exact same thing. The weight went from 210 down to 190 then stuck there awhile. Another plateau at 180 for a long time. Then a drop down to 170 for months. Finally broke that a few weeks ago and got to 165 where I am finally comfortable again. I don't know why the body does that. Maybe it takes a while for the metabolism to adjust?

Samantha,

As to why it can be hard to lose weight, I think it's a survival mechanism that our evolutionary process has developed. I think as far as our bodies are concerned, the biggest danger is a famine, which is why it wants to keep rather than lose our fat reserves.

My body weight has hovered in the 180s or low 190s for at least the last ten years. The only times I've fallen below this range is when I'm very sick or I'm taking medication that reduces my appetite.

Same experience for me. My body for years has wanted to settle in at about 180 which is way to heavy for someone 5'9". I got down to 175 fairly easily, but had a devil of a time getting into the 160's which I've recently done. My goal is 160.

I totally agree with Eva that having a strong reason to be thinner is a must have. My 'must have' is to be ready for the SCC in September. I'm an introvert and a bit self-conscious, anyway, so looking my best when en femme is a necessary confidence builder. I suppose there's some vanity involved, too, but mainly it's about feeling good about my presentation. Why is that so hard? I don't fault others for the way they look. Huh

Clara Smile

I'm so glad I started this thread despite having little to do with gender, breasts or herbs. I thought I was the only one who strangely became crazy about my weight but I see it's happened to many of you as well. It's great to know that many of us are pursuing a healthy weight. I used to think it would be impossible to attain the ideal body weight for my height but like Many of you said, when you reach the point where you're going to do it - period! it can happen. I've made some very hard choices giving up foods that I really enjoy but that also kept me overweight. It isn't fun but there is no other choice for me. It's more important to be trim and fit (and as curvy as possible) than it is to enjoy certain foods. It's really nice to have broken the addiction to food also. I used to eat as much, as often and whatever I wanted (a true gluten) but I was fortunate that doing so didn't turn me into a blimp. Now I'm learning to enjoy better foods and loving the impact it's having on my body. Thanks for chiming in everyone!

(12-05-2014, 03:56 PM)Kari Leigh Doodlebug Wrote:  I'm so glad I started this thread despite having little to do with gender, breasts or herbs. I thought I was the only one who strangely became crazy about my weight but I see it's happened to many of you as well. It's great to know that many of us are pursuing a healthy weight. I used to think it would be impossible to attain the ideal body weight for my height but like Many of you said, when you reach the point where you're going to do it - period! it can happen. I've made some very hard choices giving up foods that I really enjoy but that also kept me overweight. It isn't fun but there is no other choice for me. It's more important to be trim and fit (and as curvy as possible) than it is to enjoy certain foods. It's really nice to have broken the addiction to food also. I used to eat as much, as often and whatever I wanted (a true gluten) but I was fortunate that doing so didn't turn me into a blimp. Now I'm learning to enjoy better foods and loving the impact it's having on my body. Thanks for chiming in everyone!

You've touched on a subject that has been on my mind, Kari, and your thread seems to bare out the truth to my thinking that NBE brings many unexpected benefits beyond breast growth. Of course, we've talked thoroughly about the mental benefits, which are huge, but there's so much more. Like you've said, many of us are seriously bring our weight down to healthy levels. Many of us are paying more attention to our health, seeing a doctor regularly, working on improving our relationships, and even improving our appearance and self esteem in various ways. All in all, I'm quite happy with all these changes especially at my late stage in life when I was moving relentlessly to a mindset that focused on the end of my life rather than the many productive years that still lie ahead. That's prodigious!

Clara SmileSmile

A very enthusiastic AMEN Clara! What started out as a want of breasts back in February 2013 has had far reaching effects into all areas of my life. I'd be hard pressed to list every domino in the chain that that little nudge, 15 months ago has impacted. ...It's amazing! My journal would be think as a dictionary had I written it all down.

(12-05-2014, 04:49 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(12-05-2014, 03:56 PM)Kari Leigh Doodlebug Wrote:  I'm so glad I started this thread despite having little to do with gender, breasts or herbs. I thought I was the only one who strangely became crazy about my weight but I see it's happened to many of you as well. It's great to know that many of us are pursuing a healthy weight. I used to think it would be impossible to attain the ideal body weight for my height but like Many of you said, when you reach the point where you're going to do it - period! it can happen. I've made some very hard choices giving up foods that I really enjoy but that also kept me overweight. It isn't fun but there is no other choice for me. It's more important to be trim and fit (and as curvy as possible) than it is to enjoy certain foods. It's really nice to have broken the addiction to food also. I used to eat as much, as often and whatever I wanted (a true gluten) but I was fortunate that doing so didn't turn me into a blimp. Now I'm learning to enjoy better foods and loving the impact it's having on my body. Thanks for chiming in everyone!

You've touched on a subject that has been on my mind, Kari, and your thread seems to bare out the truth to my thinking that NBE brings many unexpected benefits beyond breast growth. Of course, we've talked thoroughly about the mental benefits, which are huge, but there's so much more. Like you've said, many of us are seriously bring our weight down to healthy levels. Many of us are paying more attention to our health, seeing a doctor regularly, working on improving our relationships, and even improving our appearance and self esteem in various ways. All in all, I'm quite happy with all these changes especially at my late stage in life when I was moving relentlessly to a mindset that focused on the end of my life rather than the many productive years that still lie ahead. That's prodigious!

Clara SmileSmile

Yes indeed, Kari and Clara Smile

(12-05-2014, 12:06 AM)Heather-H Wrote:  I have booked a doctors appointment for this Wednesday to discuss my GID I hope to have some measure of success just like you [Eva] did. I will post the outcome late this week.

Oh, that's wonderful, Heather. Maybe it will start the log rolling in the right direction. Are you seeing a therapist or a medical doctor?

Clara Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon