Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Well I finally did it

I do believe that we all are an inspiration to one or another at some point on our journeys. The inspiration comes in many forms. I have yet to disclose my TG issues to my physician, Heather. Your action makes it easier for me to do so at my next visit.

Clara Smile

(15-05-2014, 12:13 AM)Heather-H Wrote:  I do feel relieved to have this behind me and celebrated with a large glass of wine.

Love to you girls

Hugs
Heather X

Good for you Heather, I'll drink to that!!. Wink

(16-05-2014, 11:12 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(15-05-2014, 12:13 AM)Heather-H Wrote:  I do feel relieved to have this behind me and celebrated with a large glass of wine.

Love to you girls

Hugs
Heather X

Lotus, you deserve the very best bottle of 'bubbly' and if you were living closer along with Clara, Sami and Eva to mention just a few I would have a crate of it ready chilled. Oh yes I very nice Malt whisky for Sami maybe !

Love
Heather X

Well, even if we can't have that drink together, I propose a toast to you, Heather, and to your every success on this journey of self discovery.

Clara Tongue

(17-05-2014, 12:05 AM)Heather-H Wrote:  
(16-05-2014, 11:12 PM)Lotus Wrote:  

Love to you girls

Hugs
Heather X

Lotus, you deserve the very best bottle of 'bubbly' and if you were living closer along with Clara, Sami and Eva to mention just a few I would have a crate of it ready chilled. Oh yes I very nice Malt whisky for Sami maybe !

Love
Heather X

And I would happily take you up on that, you sweet girl!Tongue

Out of curiosity...

(15-05-2014, 12:13 AM)Heather-H Wrote:  There is also no such thing as 'informed consent'.

What does that mean, exactly? I am familiar with the concept of "informed consent", but how do your laws differ?

It seems to me that it would mean the individual is not responsible for his own decisions, or that medical professionals are not required to inform you of risks. Is either of those the case?

In America, we do have some strange laws, but when it comes to consent and liability, it makes a certain amount of sense. When you buy a ladder, it comes with a sticker that tells you not to stand on the very top of it. So, if you stand on top, and fall and die, the manufacturer is absolved of responsibility because they told you not to do it. But no one is going to stop you from standing on top -- there's no law against it. Once the manufacturer has warned you of the risks, you, the user, are responsible for using your ladder safely.

So, I'm wondering how the laws in the UK differ philosophically. Smile

(20-05-2014, 08:21 PM)MissC Wrote:  Out of curiosity...

(15-05-2014, 12:13 AM)Heather-H Wrote:  There is also no such thing as 'informed consent'.

What does that mean, exactly? I am familiar with the concept of "informed consent", but how do your laws differ?

It seems to me that it would mean the individual is not responsible for his own decisions, or that medical professionals are not required to inform you of risks. Is either of those the case?

In America, we do have some strange laws, but when it comes to consent and liability, it makes a certain amount of sense. When you buy a ladder, it comes with a sticker that tells you not to stand on the very top of it. So, if you stand on top, and fall and die, the manufacturer is absolved of responsibility because they told you not to do it. But no one is going to stop you from standing on top -- there's no law against it. Once the manufacturer has warned you of the risks, you, the user, are responsible for using your ladder safely.

So, I'm wondering how the laws in the UK differ philosophically. Smile
Hi MissC,
Believe it or not but I had never heard of the phrase until it was used on this forum by another member. I took it to mean that ' we would not normally administer these drugs without pre-checks, however if you wish to take on the responsibility without the pre-checks then you do so at your own risk' ! Here in the UK no such avenue exists, a doctor or physician will not ( under any circumstances that I am aware of ) allow the checks to be circumvented, so the patient has no choice but to follow the prescribed path.

If I have used this incorrectly please accept my apologies, I am not renowned for ' being the sharpest knife in the drawer' Big Grin
I do fully understand your analogy.

Hugs
Heather

Heather, hi.

In the U.S. each state that allows 'informed consent' has a document that you have to sign. The ones I've seen have all the risks spelled out point by point. You are signifying that you've read the document, understand what it means, and agree to take personal responsibility for your decision to proceed with HRT.

Clara Smile

So happy for ya girl! Hopefully I will sometime soon cause the more femme my body gets the more my male sex drive and libido increase. Have yet to hear anyone else.on the board to have this problem yet

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and good wishes.

UNFORTUNATELY - my worst fears have come to fruition, my wife has now voiced her objections in no uncertain terms. " you can go ahead but it will signal the end of our marriage and relationship" !

She inter mated this earlier but on this occasion has insisted I make the decision NOW. So I was left with no other choice but to write the letter to the doctor thanking her for everything and to please accept my apologies for not wishing to proceed due to unforeseen personal circumstances.

I had to balance the loss of a good wife against personal peace and desire. As they say " if one door closes - another will open " Huh

OH WELL - ONWARD AND UPWARD .

Love to you all
Heather XXX

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon