Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Feminine/Non-Feminine User Name

I have a feminine name that I use on occasion, and my wife uses it for me at times. However, my user name is gender neutral (and relates to a fondness for playful physicality). I have thought about switching to my feminine name, and would consider it a step in presenting more as a female. There are days I want to and days I do not. . . .

(16-08-2014, 04:38 PM)Elisaustin Wrote:  Being born in a Pennsylvania Dutch community in Ohio.
"Eli Asa Austin" it seemed only fitting to pick Elisa to reflect
my female nature.
And no I do not wear a bonnet or own a buggy.

awe shucks.....hee hee

For me it is definitely a target. I used to have a gender neutral username, which I still use on some environments where I am not out, but as this is a specific community I decided to change it to how I want to be seen.
It may or may not make a difference but to me, it is enough of a difference to be worth while.

Whoa! "Misty" is a feminine name??? Who knew? Tongue

Coupled with my avatar I think it's obvious that I prefer to present as female, at least online. It can be a very pleasant fantasy...

Misty

(21-08-2014, 04:08 PM)Misty0732 Wrote:  Whoa! "Misty" is a feminine name??? Who knew? Tongue

Coupled with my avatar I think it's obvious that I prefer to present as female, at least online. It can be a very pleasant fantasy...

Misty

my childhood neighbor's name was misty, she was a few years older than me.

(21-08-2014, 09:24 PM)squirrelwithboobs Wrote:  
(21-08-2014, 04:08 PM)Misty0732 Wrote:  Whoa! "Misty" is a feminine name??? Who knew? Tongue

Misty

my childhood neighbor's name was misty, she was a few years older than me.

I also knew a Misty from the Sunday school I attended during my childhood.

(21-08-2014, 05:29 AM)Arielle Wrote:  For me it is definitely a target. I used to have a gender neutral username, which I still use on some environments where I am not out, but as this is a specific community I decided to change it to how I want to be seen.
It may or may not make a difference but to me, it is enough of a difference to be worth while.

I like the name Arielle...tee hee.Tongue

Jade is an old personal name I used for myself when I was a kid in elementary school. At the time I only used it internally to myself and it was meant to be neutral, though Jade does have a certain feminine connotation.

When I realized I was dealing with GD issues (NB/MTA) and I allowed the internally constructed walls and distortions that I had built to hide it from myself I realized that my core self that had always been there, behind everything even when hidden was that same ancient core me. Jade. Who is and always had been androgynous, but because when I was growing up I had no way to understand it in a binary gender world, I hid it to protect myself because of all the things I was that I was not supposed to be.

And now I know I need to balance myself with E&AA's to releave some of the mental GD, and also adjust myself physically towards the middle too, since decreasing the mismatch between mind and body will lower the cognitive dissonance. Though I worry about it going wrong because no one really get GD, let alone non-binary genders. So I am Jaded.

(Once I am out to key friends besides just my wife, hopefully I will feel better! Hopefully that won't be a catastrophe, but for various reasons, I can't not do that step!)

The avatar is Calliope and Claiborn from Homestuck. Liked the picture, it makes sense if you read several thousand pages of Homestuck. I don't like the brother Claiborn. But I do like Calliope, she hates the way she looks with a pain that exceeds normal Dysphoria and tries to dress up in her ideal appearance and lives trapped in horror. Despite all of it she is the nicest, kindest, and sweetest character in the series. (Sorry if that is overdark, I have just clawed out two decades of self imposed labyrinth!)

- Jaded Jade

The Name Lenneth Is just one of many usernames I use online.

Don't get me Wrong, I do have a Female name for myself, I just seldom use it online.

What's wrong with, Fred? It can be short for Frederick or Frederica.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon