Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What Cat?

Alright so here's the new plan after some research and discovery.

8am- 500mg PM, 425mg Skullcap, 1220, fenugreek, 500mg wild yam, 450mg licorice root

4pm- 500mg PM, 1220, fenugreek, 500mg wild yam

12am- 500mg PM, 425mg Skullcap, 1220, fenugreek, 500mg wild yam

PM for growth, skullcap and licorice root as an Anti-androgen, less licorice since is can raise blood pressure and cause a load of other problems including blocking estrogen. fenugreek mostly 'cause it makes your sweat, urine, and other fluids smell sweet, secondarily to promote prolactin production. and then wildyam to supplement the PM although there is nothing concrete that says it directly introduces feminine hormones.

Also, i will attempt to massage mornings and nights and will snakebite my nips when feasible.

The fenugreek is working i'll keep a record of what else I notice.

these pics are from day 3 of pm after some snakebites

The only thing with using licorice, is that it is very strong and with long use (over 3 months) has been documented with damage to the liver.

It's funny that of all the supplements that licorice is the scariest and has the most potential for harm. My dose is quite small but even then I may decide to cycle it on a weekly basis or so.

(13-10-2014, 01:00 PM)redcat1986 Wrote:  It's funny that of all the supplements that licorice is the scariest and has the most potential for harm. My dose is quite small but even then I may decide to cycle it on a weekly basis or so.

Maybe Lotus can add a comment on this ?

All the warnings I see are for over 5 grams a day, and are the non DGL free offerings. The DGL free offerings are supposed to have less side effects, so maybe a low 450mg dose daily of DGL free would be quite safe?

Fenugreek does some 5-AR inhibition. The evidence is pretty thin so I wouldn't rely on it for that. Fenugreek does not appear to increase prolactin. One theory says that fenugreek increases milk production by stimulating sweating, and claims the breast is a modified sweat gland.

GL is the active ingredient for NBE, so DGL licorice would be ineffective.

(13-10-2014, 08:35 PM)Janet doe Wrote:  
(13-10-2014, 01:00 PM)redcat1986 Wrote:  It's funny that of all the supplements that licorice is the scariest and has the most potential for harm. My dose is quite small but even then I may decide to cycle it on a weekly basis or so.

Maybe Lotus can add a comment on this ?

All the warnings I see are for over 5 grams a day, and are the non DGL free offerings. The DGL free offerings are supposed to have less side effects, so maybe a low 450mg dose daily of DGL free would be quite safe?

The most current available medical and scientific literature indicates that this dietary supplement should be standardized to 12-20% glycyrrhizin per dose (also known as glycyrrhizic or glycyrrhizinic acid); DGL (deglycyrrhizinated licorice) standardized to no greater than 1-2% glycyrrhizin per dose. Licorice supplements can be purchased in two forms. Regular licorice products with a glycyrrhizin (also known as glycyrrhizic or glycyrrhizinic acid)content usually of 12-20%, and then deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL), with a glycyrrhizin content usually not greater than 1-2%. The DGL product is recommended for peptic ulcer disease (chewable only) and those individuals susceptible to cardiovascular diseases such as hypertension. The products with a higher glycyrrhizin content are used as expectorants and for adrenal stress.
http://www.breastnexus.com/archive/index...-5250.html

-----------------------------

The varying degrees of studies and opinions on LR is puzzling, although the same could be said of anything on NBE. The decision is ultimately yours.

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=17416&page=8&highlight=increased+6.57%25+and+12.26%25
Post #76

(30-05-2014, 03:12 AM)Lotus Wrote:  In large amounts, licorice containing glycyrrhizin can cause high blood pressure, salt and water retention, and low potassium levels, which could lead to heart problems. DGL products are thought to cause fewer side effects. Licorice can be found with glycyrrhizin removed; the product is called DGL (for “deglycyrrhizinated licorice”).
http://nccam.nih.gov/health/licoriceroot

Well the debate still goes on, you will find two opposing side's. My opinion is if you remove the glycyrrhizin you should still have the same constituents:

Constituents
• Triterpene saponins (3-15%): chief components glycyrrhetic acid, 18-
alpha-glycrrhetic acid, glycyrrhetic acid methyl ester, glabric acid, glabrolide,
uralenic acid
• Flavonoids: aglycones including liquiritigenin, isoliquiritigenin (its chalcone),
isolicoflavonol, isoliquiritin, licoricidin
• Isoflavonoids: aglycones formononetin, glabren, glabridin, glabrol, 3-
hydroxygIabrol, glycyrrhisoflavone
• Cumestan derivatives: glycyrol, isoglycyrol, liquocoumarin
• Hydroxycoumarins: including herniarin, umbelliferone, glycycoumarin, licopyranocoumarin
• Steroids: sterols, including beta-sitosterol, stigmasterol
• Volatile oil (very little): with anethole, estragole, eugenol, hexanoic acid

I'd rather have fewer side effects myself, so imo I'd choose DGL. I've done the homework on LR. Though someone can knock themselves out and do their own research if they prefer. (Good Luck cause it will leave you aggravated). Rolleyes

-----------------------------------

Licorice can be taken in the following forms:
Dried root: 1 - 5 g as an infusion or decoction (boiled), 3 times daily
Licorice 1:5 tincture: 2 - 5 mL, 3 times daily
Standardized extract: 250 - 500 mg, 3 times daily, standardized to contain 20% glycyrrhizinic acid
DGL extract: 0.4 - 1.6 g, 3 times daily, for peptic ulcer
DGL extract 4:1: chew 300 - 400 mg, 3 times daily 20 minutes before meals, for peptic ulcer

More on DGL listed here:

Source: Licorice | University of Maryland Medical Center http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/her...z3G59eTDJE
University of Maryland Medical Center
Follow us: @UMMC on Twitter | MedCenter on Facebook

----------------------------------------

Here, you'll find 44 referenced studies:

http://www.drugs.com/npp/licorice.html#ref2

-------------------------------

Daily liquorice consumption for two weeks increases augmentation index and central systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25153328

Two weeks of daily liquorice consumption increased extracellular volume, amplified pressure wave reflection from the periphery, and elevated central systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
-----------------------------------------------

Liquorice consumption and salivary testosterone concentrations.

Liquorice consumption has been shown to substantially reduce serum testosterone concentration. An explanation for this result was that the active component in liquorice (glycyrrhizic acid) interfered with 17 beta-hydroxysteroid deyhydrogenase, which has been shown in vitro to catalyse the conversion of androstenedione to testosterone. We twice attempted to replicate this effect of liquorice but could not. We identified differences between our methods and those of the previous study and possible statistical anomalies (including inappropriate use of statistical tests) in the earlier report.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11716893

Licorice
http://examine.com/supplements/Licorice/

------------------------------

(02-08-2014, 05:17 AM)Lotus Wrote:  There was small study on fenugreek where they reported over the course of the study, total and bioavailable (“free”) testosterone increased 6.57% and 12.26%, respectively, in the subjects taking fenugreek. Estradiol and DHT levels also increased (26.6% and 6.10%, respectively), though not significantly.

Oddly enough, this lawsuit was filed in 5/14

Fenugreek lawsuit

SUMMARY OF ACTION
1. Defendants manufacture, market, and sell Testofen or nutritional supplements containing Testofen, an extract of the herb fenugreek. Defendants advertise and market these products as “testosterone boosters,” representing that Testofen has been “clinically proven” to increase free testosterone levels. These representations are false, based on universally-accepted principles of statistical analysis that have been adopted by the regulatory bodies of every “first world” country, including the United States.

http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/wp-content/...plaint.pdf

I'd go easy on those snake bite kits, I get the desire to enlarge the areolas and nipples. Prolonged use could desensitize your nipples (some loose the sensitivity totally, and for others it's temporary, returning (I've seen it stated up to 12 months) so use caution going forward, remember, prolactin can be released from nipple stimulation, light finger stimuli works, (prolactin stimulates tissue growth).

How do I know?, it happened to me, (feeling returned about 9 months later), I had no idea at first, by the time I did find out the feeling was gone. I wished someone told me about it, (me, paying it forward). Wink

Your happiness is the priority though, so, good luck!. Wink

I see what you are saying about the snake bites. Most of the aches I feel are from them. In order to see the effectiveness of the herbs I'm taking i'm going to stop any harsh treatment. Massage and light stimuli will do.

Great info lotus. thanks for it.

one week on 1500mg PM daily changing the other herbs that'll supplement. keeping up hope of changes but most of what i was feeling was from the harsh snakebites.

dull pains occasionally and minor changes.

the photo flips when clicked, the larger shot is after

Been about three weeks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon