Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Off topic but just might be fun

(25-11-2014, 04:02 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Missed Miss,

I would like to think of playing games as something like the chat room Lenneth has established: anyone can join whenever she wants for as much or as little as she desires. Granted, most games require an upfront cost, but that's why I'm hoping for a online game that doesn't require ongoing payments. I am open to playing online card games or such, if there is a free site that allows us to meet up and play.

I used to know of one years ago when I first got online, I have no idea what it's called, anymore. I think the word "pop" was in the title somewhere. There were some interesting games there, but I eventually got away from it as mounting recording projects kept looming!!

(25-11-2014, 04:02 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Missed Miss,

I would like to think of playing games as something like the chat room Lenneth has established: anyone can join whenever she wants for as much or as little as she desires. Granted, most games require an upfront cost, but that's why I'm hoping for a online game that doesn't require ongoing payments. I am open to playing online card games or such, if there is a free site that allows us to meet up and play.

yep, exactly the idea.

on game type i agree on one that doesn't require any monthly fees would be best.

Guildwars 2 would be a good option in that reguard, and the character models and Armour also have a benefit of looking quite good.

here is a screenshot of one of my characters.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/67m9mp.jpg

and a good vid of the gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_0ImaO6q2Y

Lenneth,

I'm curious about gaining a better understanding of this game. (Bear in mind it's been over 10 years since I last played an MMO). Is the game more geared towards solo play or being in a group in regards to making progress? In Everquest it seemed like being in a group was practically a requirement if you wanted to take on the tougher monsters and gain experience. Another question is how much time does one need to spend on this game on a weekly or monthly basis to make decent progress?

(25-11-2014, 02:20 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Lenneth,

I'm curious about gaining a better understanding of this game. (Bear in mind it's been over 10 years since I last played an MMO). Is the game more geared towards solo play or being in a group in regards to making progress? In Everquest it seemed like being in a group was practically a requirement if you wanted to take on the tougher monsters and gain experience. Another question is how much time does one need to spend on this game on a weekly or monthly basis to make decent progress?

A Group is a must if you want to do Dungeons but otherwise you can solo the whole game, and their is a LOT of resources for finding a group doing the Dungeon you want to do without having to rely on getting friends to help you.

Character professions are done in a somewhat unique way in GW2 and their are builds for each that are deceptively powerful.

example on professions the character I posted the pic of is my main fem character which is a Level 80 (current max Level) Mesmer (they use mind tricks on enemies) of the Norn Race (think 12' tall Vikings).

Time Investment can be as much or as little as you want, Leveling can be done in many ways, either by fighting, crafting, doing the storyline, questing (GW2 Calls Quests missions fyi) exploring, or doing dungeons (need to be lvl 35 to do those), you literally gain experience points for everything, up to lvl 35 the easiest/fastest way to level is to fight area bosses & explore (crafting is 2nd easiest) but that said i've made lvl 35 before in about 2-3 days (about 6 hours per day) solo.
(although who says we need to be in a race to level up?)

Hmm,

Interesting enough I do see parallels between Diablo 2 classes and GW2.

Guardian=Paladin
Mesmer & Thief=Assassin
Warrior=Barbarian
Elementalist=Sorceresses
Ranger=Druid/Amazon
Necromancer=Necromancer

With that in mind, I'm inclined to give the warrior or ranger a try. Any recommendations on what race to pick from?

Would you be willing to play with us newbies so we can all play together? Shy

(26-11-2014, 12:36 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Hmm,

Interesting enough I do see parallels between Diablo 2 classes and GW2.

Guardian=Paladin
Mesmer & Thief=Assassin
Warrior=Barbarian
Elementalist=Sorceresses
Ranger=Druid/Amazon
Necromancer=Necromancer

With that in mind, I'm inclined to give the warrior or ranger a try. Any recommendations on what race to pick from?

Would you be willing to play with us newbies so we can all play together? Shy

Actually

Thief = Thief, they focus more on stealing resources from/wounding/distracting enemies than dealing damage.
Guardian = Kindof a Warrior Monk, similar to a paladin but a bit different
Mesmer = More similar to a Sorcerer(ess) than a Assassin but add in Jedi Mind Tricks.
Warrior i guess is similar to a babarian but more of a Freelance expert Soldier type class with some samurai elements.
Ranger is more like a WoW Hunter, but can solo a hell of a lot better, not even similar to a druid (also gets a pet that fights with them).

Engineer is similar to a Ranger but uses guns and devices instead of Bows and traps (and robots (Golems) instead of Pets).

I have no problem with Newbies, heck I have some low level characters that I could use or I could try to create new ones to use for that.

as for what Profession/Race not sure what to reccomend, let me see if I can dig up some youtube vids on each.

Ok, Here is a couple decent Profession & Race Overview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbulNzo9ja4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvE4VlSNjPE

My own characters are all Norn's & Humans, but that is mostly down to only having the initial amount of character slots (working on getting more via In-Game Currency but it is slow going) but all the same, go for whatever you like the most.

one thing I personally try to do though is with any character I create I try to use a lore/racially appt name (EG, for a Norn I use an old Norse/Viking like name etc)

(26-11-2014, 01:34 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  Ok, Here is a couple decent Profession & Race Overview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbulNzo9ja4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvE4VlSNjPE

My own characters are all Norn's & Humans, but that is mostly down to only having the initial amount of character slots (working on getting more via In-Game Currency but it is slow going) but all the same, go for whatever you like the most.

one thing I personally try to do though is with any character I create I try to use a lore/racially appt name (EG, for a Norn I use an old Norse/Viking like name etc)

Anyone else interested in playing GW2 or an MMO with us? Huh

I'm watching one of the videos now. I'm favoring going with a Sylvari ranger right now. What do you mean when you talk about the initial amount of character slots? Are you referring to a limit of the number of characters you can create? Lastly, do you recommend getting GW2 from a particular store? How about Amazon?

(26-11-2014, 04:29 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Anyone else interested in playing GW2 or an MMO with us? Huh

I'm watching one of the videos now. I'm favoring going with a Sylvari ranger right now. What do you mean when you talk about the initial amount of character slots? Are you referring to a limit of the number of characters you can create? Lastly, do you recommend getting GW2 from a particular store? How about Amazon?

On Character Slots You can create 5 characters from the start, you can buy more slots either by paying a fee on the website or buy using in game currency in the "Gem Store", however accumulating enough gold to buy enough "Gems" to be able to do that can take quite a while (each slot costs 800 Gems and the exchange rate varies like IRL).

No Particular Store, although personally I prefer to buy Physical copies myself, but you can also get it Digitally, direct from guildwars2.com

Ok. Tomorrow or Thursday I'll run my computer specs by you to ensure my computer can handle GW2. I'm turning in for the night.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon