Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pesky chest hair...

(30-12-2014, 02:26 AM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  I started using a Braun silk-épil on my breasts about ten years ago. I had a moderately hairy chest, the hair covering all of my breasts. Now only the occasional soft hair grows back. For all intents and purposes my breasts are now permanently smooth, and I love it. Chest hair and feminine breasts do not go well together!

That's awesome, although 10 years seems like a lifetime. How long did it take before it became finer, was less hair? I just want to make sure I give it a fair chance. If it is going to take 10 years well, I guess I'm in it for the long haul. Though I was hoping for a sooner. Wink

Oh right, I was supposed to remind myself, time and determination go a long way. Smile

(30-12-2014, 01:32 AM)bobie Wrote:  I originally just trimmed it then waxed it then about 10 months ago i bought a Braun Silk Epil 7 epilator, you will find its virtually painless after a while, ingrown hairs are a pita though but not everyone gets those, after 6 months hrt my chest hair has thinned a bit but the damn things still grow, hoping in time they will vanish otherwise will have to get electrolosis, as it stands i probably do my legs and arms once every 2 weeks, i dont get full regrowth in that time just the next cycle i guess, chest hair and pits i probably do once a week and the same applies, i have recently bought an ipl device which i am trying on my hands and feet to see how it goes, still nearly £300 on sale though so it better work, a link in case your interested http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/SC2006_11/l...technology

I've read so many reviews of variations of those devices and most of them were never any good. I don't think I have seen the Philips one before, and perhaps they have improved since the last time I researched them over a year ago. The hardest part to swallow is the price!

(30-12-2014, 03:59 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  Cousin Itt?? WOW!! You mean like these guys?? http://youtu.be/j7M10Akohu0

Not Quite but close, if I let it grow out it can get up to 2-3" long

(30-12-2014, 03:59 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  I remember seeing an info-mercial on t.v. about 25 years ago that sold something called, Aplomb. It's this semi-transparent brown goop in a toothpaste-sized tube. Apparently it's made of some kind of special Egyptian mud/clay. You squeeze out just a dab of it, not even as big as a golf ball. You knead it between your fingers for a moment, then apply it to the hairy area you want to clean off and kinda smoosh it out across the area for a few moments, then, once it's "stretched" out across the area it's needed on, you wait 3 seconds, flick up one part of the edge, then rip quickly, just like with wax, but this stuff doesn't hurt at all AND you can use the same glob over and over again until you've removed the hair from your entire body, if you wish! Apparently, the hair stays away a lot longer, too. I never DID get around to buying any, but, ever since then, I haven't seen it ANYWHERE!! I'd LOVE to get some!!

I remember that stuff to, just didnt remember the name, never did see it in any store either.

(30-12-2014, 03:59 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  So, you shouldn't fuss about having hairy arms...unless they ARE extremely hairy, like Robin Williams' arms!! He used to call himself, Monkey Boy.

um, they are like Robin Williams arms were, as is the rest of me (worse on my back & chest)....Sad

(30-12-2014, 03:59 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  I remember seeing an info-mercial on t.v. about 25 years ago that sold something called, Aplomb. It's this semi-transparent brown goop in a toothpaste-sized tube. Apparently it's made of some kind of special Egyptian mud/clay. You squeeze out just a dab of it, not even as big as a golf ball. You knead it between your fingers for a moment, then apply it to the hairy area you want to clean off and kinda smoosh it out across the area for a few moments, then, once it's "stretched" out across the area it's needed on, you wait 3 seconds, flick up one part of the edge, then rip quickly, just like with wax, but this stuff doesn't hurt at all AND you can use the same glob over and over again until you've removed the hair from your entire body, if you wish! Apparently, the hair stays away a lot longer, too. I never DID get around to buying any, but, ever since then, I haven't seen it ANYWHERE!! I'd LOVE to get some!!

Maybe this?
http://www.greenprophet.com/2013/01/diy-...sugar-wax/

And since you got me started, this sounds intriguing... Anyone feel like playing guinea pig? Wink
http://www.anteggoil.com

-j

(30-12-2014, 08:38 AM)jamixoxo Wrote:  And since you got me started, this sounds intriguing... Anyone feel like playing guinea pig? Wink
http://www.anteggoil.com

-j

Inttresting

ignore, shouldnt post while half a sleep

(30-12-2014, 05:54 AM)Fuego y Hielo Wrote:  
(30-12-2014, 01:32 AM)bobie Wrote:  I originally just trimmed it then waxed it then about 10 months ago i bought a Braun Silk Epil 7 epilator, you will find its virtually painless after a while, ingrown hairs are a pita though but not everyone gets those, after 6 months hrt my chest hair has thinned a bit but the damn things still grow, hoping in time they will vanish otherwise will have to get electrolosis, as it stands i probably do my legs and arms once every 2 weeks, i dont get full regrowth in that time just the next cycle i guess, chest hair and pits i probably do once a week and the same applies, i have recently bought an ipl device which i am trying on my hands and feet to see how it goes, still nearly £300 on sale though so it better work, a link in case your interested http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/SC2006_11/l...technology

I've read so many reviews of variations of those devices and most of them were never any good. I don't think I have seen the Philips one before, and perhaps they have improved since the last time I researched them over a year ago. The hardest part to swallow is the price!

It may be too early to tell but i do feel after two sessions that hair is a little less but it could just be wishful thinking, i think the more powerful but expensive units work for most if your an ideal candidate, dark haired and light skinned which i am

(30-12-2014, 05:50 AM)Fuego y Hielo Wrote:  
(30-12-2014, 02:26 AM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  I started using a Braun silk-épil on my breasts about ten years ago. I had a moderately hairy chest, the hair covering all of my breasts. Now only the occasional soft hair grows back. For all intents and purposes my breasts are now permanently smooth, and I love it. Chest hair and feminine breasts do not go well together!

That's awesome, although 10 years seems like a lifetime. How long did it take before it became finer, was less hair? I just want to make sure I give it a fair chance. If it is going to take 10 years well, I guess I'm in it for the long haul. Though I was hoping for a sooner. Wink

Oh right, I was supposed to remind myself, time and determination go a long way. Smile
I began using it on my chest about ten years ago, but it had eliminated most of the hair (by gradually pulling out most of the roots) within a year or so. I was surprised at how little time it took. It took longer with my denser pubic hair, but I started plucking that with tweezers much earlier. I am now 95% permanently hairless in that area.

If you do use the epilator on your chest, you should shave it first, then wait for the hair to regrow to 1/8 of an inch before using the epilator. The skin should be very dry. I recommend applying talcum powder beforehand.

Good luck with this!

(30-12-2014, 04:48 PM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  I began using it on my chest about ten years ago, but it had eliminated most of the hair (by gradually pulling out most of the roots) within a year or so. I was surprised at how little time it took. It took longer with my denser pubic hair, but I started plucking that with tweezers much earlier. I am now 95% permanently hairless in that area.

If you do use the epilator on your chest, you should shave it first, then wait for the hair to regrow to 1/8 of an inch before using the epilator. The skin should be very dry. I recommend applying talcum powder beforehand.

Good luck with this!
I got the wet dry one and used it in the shower and didn't have much issue with it. I had already shaved with the body hair trimmer the week before so the hair had already grown to the appropriate size.

So after epilating, do I continue to wait for the hair to be 1/8 an inch before epilating again?

(30-12-2014, 05:01 PM)Fuego y Hielo Wrote:  I got the wet dry one and used it in the shower and didn't have much issue with it. I had already shaved with the body hair trimmer the week before so the hair had already grown to the appropriate size.

So after epilating, do I continue to wait for the hair to be 1/8 an inch before epilating again?

I am not familiar with the wet/dry epilator.

But to your question: with epilating the hair does not grow back all at once as happens with shaving. With me isolated hairs begin to appear after ten days or so, and mostly they are softer and finer--another advantage over shaving. Since the hairs do not regrow at the same rate, you will find that you will probably want to epilate every few days. 1/8 inch means that they will be long enough for the tweezers in the epilator to grip them. Over time increasingly less hair will grow back, as you pull out the roots. (This happens by itself.)

With my pubic area I usually tweeze the hairs as they appear; I only resort to the epilator when I haven't kept up my maintenance. One nice thing about the epilator is that it pulls out hairs that you may not even be able to see. Running your fingers across the area is the best way to tell if you have missed anything.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon