Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pesky chest hair...

Oh great that just sounds lovely. Guess I need to exfoliate better.

I poked around and I am not finding any hairs. They're like white head pimples. I thought I had outgrown acne! :p

Mmmm, yeah, I don't know what to do about that kind.

(30-12-2014, 02:26 AM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  
(30-12-2014, 01:13 AM)Fuego y Hielo Wrote:  So when I decided I wanted to try and grow breasts I originally thought I would be okay with the body hair on my chest. A few weeks before I started I changed my mind and decided to get a full body trimmer.

Currently I have not used it on my legs or arms. I may eventually do my legs but my arm hair is not all that bad. As for my back I only get hair on the lower back and below which is quite annoying. Never did like the hair there.

So the body hair trimmer worked nicely I just really despised the stubble. After some research online I took the plunge and bought the Braun Silk Epil 7 which is a wet dry epilator. I used it today for the first time today and I am impressed. Smooth silky chest!

We'll see how it grows back throughout the week. If it works and lasts I think I may finally be content. Perhaps I may extend beyond my chest.

As far as pain, it was tolerable. It kind of feels like I'm being pricked lightly and repeatedly with pins. I've never waxed before either, so I am not familiar with that particular process.

Anyways I was just curious how everyone else managed their unwanted hair? Is there a particular favorite method?

I hope to report back here as to whether or not this Braun epilator was worth it or not. Tongue

I started using a Braun silk-épil on my breasts about ten years ago. I had a moderately hairy chest, the hair covering all of my breasts. Now only the occasional soft hair grows back. For all intents and purposes my breasts are now permanently smooth, and I love it. Chest hair and feminine breasts do not go well together!

(04-01-2015, 11:50 PM)Fuego y Hielo Wrote:  I poked around and I am not finding any hairs. They're like white head pimples. I thought I had outgrown acne! :p

Your skin should smooth out in a few days. I use a pumice stone to exfoliate, and it makes my breasts wonderfully smooth!

(05-01-2015, 02:08 AM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  Your skin should smooth out in a few days. I use a pumice stone to exfoliate, and it makes my breasts wonderfully smooth!

Thanks, I'll give that a try and see how that works out.

Y'know, a few years ago, I tried this new idea I heard about on telly. It's a sort of mitt made out of a fine sandpaper. You put it on your hand and just rub it in a circular motion on the areas you want to be rid of hair. It DOES get rid of the hair, but it takes just as long as shaving does. I'm not sure if it works better than shaving (it's been at least a decade since I last used it), but I think it might have the same effect as the pumice on your skin. The only real drawback, besides the time it takes, is that you have to deal with a very slight burning hair smell. I'm pretty sure you got 3 mitts in a pack and they could be used over and over AND you could put them on backwards and use the other side, too! One pack SHOULD last a few months.

(05-01-2015, 03:41 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  Y'know, a few years ago, I tried this new idea I heard about on telly. It's a sort of mitt made out of a fine sandpaper. You put it on your hand and just rub it in a circular motion on the areas you want to be rid of hair. It DOES get rid of the hair, but it takes just as long as shaving does. I'm not sure if it works better than shaving (it's been at least a decade since I last used it), but I think it might have the same effect as the pumice on your skin. The only real drawback, besides the time it takes, is that you have to deal with a very slight burning hair smell. I'm pretty sure you got 3 mitts in a pack and they could be used over and over AND you could put them on backwards and use the other side, too! One pack SHOULD last a few months.

I had one of those, they work, but take LONGER than Shaving and leave your skin just as irritated, and the hair grows back just as fast.Sad

It took @ 6 months of epelating before I really noticed a slow down/drop in chest hairs. I,m up to @ 12 months now and although I still epelate every other day, the hairs that grow are almost invisible . Down south, the hairs are a little more stubborn , and this last month I decided to get started on my legs and arms. Still, its worth keeping in mind, after pulling the hairs out of my nose for longer than I can remember, its never seemed to slow or stop the regrowth in there. :-(

So I decided I should probably give a status on the use of my epilator since it has been about a month. So far the pain is bearable, and with continued use it just seems not as bad as before. It could be due to different hair growth cycles, so not as many hairs being yanked out at once.

What I have noticed is dry skin, I have always been bad about moisturizing, and well with no hair, it's much easier to notice. So I guess I am going to have to make sure I work on that.

I did make the mistake of vigorously exfoliation my skin, followed by epilating, followed by another vigorous exfoliation, and I basically rubbed my skin raw. Parts of my stomach and chest are still healing from that fiasco.

I do like the way my skin feels even when the hairs are growing back from epilating than from shaving. My hairs are so thick and course I have actually had my hair embed into my skin. It was like a splinter but with my hair. So it's nice not feeling like a porcupine.

What I have not enjoyed is the amount of ingrown hairs. Hence why I was vigorously exfoliating my skin. I apparently missed one that ended up being a little over a centimeter long, and it was buried pretty good beneath my skin. I actually had to scrape through a layer of skin before I was able to finally get to it with a pin. That was not fun at all.

As for the Wet Dry use of my epilator, while I find it to be slightly less painful while in the water, I noticed that more hairs tend to get missed in the shower than when dry. So I think I am going to try epilating before I shower, and then gently exfoliate my skin and see how that works out for me.

And finally, I decided that I looked funny having no body hair, and yet my legs were still hairy. So I took the first step and trimmed my leg hairs. I still have not used the epilator on my legs so my legs are very prickly. I just have not had the time to do so. Plus I would have to probably do my legs and body separately. One of the drawbacks to a battery operated epilator. I probably just need to go a bit faster. Smile

On a side note, there has been a Groupon that keeps showing up for laser hair removal. I've contemplated giving it a try just to see if I am a good candidate for the process. If so then maybe it will be incentive to get one of those at home laser hair removal devices. I am keeping an eye on ElainMoria's thread on the HPL device. Maybe something else for me to consider.

As always I appreciate any comments or suggestions. Cool

I use a powder that you add water, stir it into a paste, it is safe for anywhere that grows hair even face, and okay for genital areas .
You can get from Ebay etc...

Softsheen Carson
Magic.
Shaving powder.
Apply for 7 minutes or so, remove with spatula ( I generally sit in the bath of water and wipe it off with my hands) leaves the skin soft and smooth. and hairless, no rashes.
Does smell a bit though.
But does a good job. Read the container for full instructions .

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon