Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New news nouns and a name.

(10-01-2015, 11:14 PM)Candace Wrote:  From Wikipedia:

Aetna was in Greek and Roman mythology a Sicilian nymph, and according to Alcimus, a daughter of Uranus and Gaea, or of Briareus. Simonides said that she had acted as arbitrator between Hephaestus and Demeter respecting the possession of Sicily. By Zeus or Hephaestus she became the mother of the Palici. Mount Aetna in Sicily was believed to have derived its name from her, and under it Zeus buried Typhon, Enceladus, or Briareus. The mountain itself was believed to be the place in which Hephaestus and the Cyclops made the thunderbolts for Zeus.

Well, then, who made the Thunderbolt for Kennywood Park??
http://youtu.be/nJAk9TYtDGY

(11-01-2015, 01:50 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  Well, then, who made the Thunderbolt for Kennywood Park??

John Miller built it, but it was named Pippin at first. It was later upgraded by Andy Vettel and renamed Thunderbolt. Wikipedia attributes four different Thunderbolts to Miller - one more than Zeus had.

(11-01-2015, 04:54 AM)Candace Wrote:  
(11-01-2015, 01:50 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  Well, then, who made the Thunderbolt for Kennywood Park??

John Miller built it, but it was named Pippin at first. It was later upgraded by Andy Vettel and renamed Thunderbolt. Wikipedia attributes four different Thunderbolts to Miller - one more than Zeus had.

Yes, I rode The Pippin a number of times before it became The Thunderbolt! In a way, I think The Pippin might've been better.

Anyway, I was just being silly with those name suggestions. I'm surprised no one called on the last one, Bill. My answer would've been, "Y'know, like in the Jim Stafford song, "My Girl Bill".
However, there's some slightly older woman that works at Wal-Mart near here and her name is, Rupert!!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon