Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Crossdressing Dichotomy

Alright, I'll do the best I can. I'm asking because I'm confused too. So, to get this straight the dichotomy is that one side of your crossdressing is "a [daring and aloof] solo interest geared toward pushing the limits" while the other one is "docile and cuddly that makes [you] want [physical closeness with someone]" I'm hoping that's right? Now, what I'm not understanding is what you mean exactly by the first part. How does being daring, aloof, and especially "pushing limits" somehow create a dichotomy with forming a friendship, physical or otherwise? You call these things a compelling reason to stay single for life? As of yet, I'm not seeing it. That's why I was asking for more clarification. I mean, lots of crossdressers whom I would consider perfectly daring have close or romantic relationships. So just how do these pushed limits dichotomize special relationships? What are they, specifically?

(12-02-2016, 04:35 PM)Dana Mantra Eon Wrote:  Alright, I'll do the best I can. I'm asking because I'm confused too. So, to get this straight the dichotomy is that one side of your crossdressing is "a [daring and aloof] solo interest geared toward pushing the limits" while the other one is "docile and cuddly that makes [you] want [physical closeness with someone]" I'm hoping that's right? Now, what I'm not understanding is what you mean exactly by the first part. How does being daring, aloof, and especially "pushing limits" somehow create a dichotomy with forming a friendship, physical or otherwise? You call these things a compelling reason to stay single for life? As of yet, I'm not seeing it. That's why I was asking for more clarification. I mean, lots of crossdressers whom I would consider perfectly daring have close or romantic relationships. So just how do these pushed limits dichotomize special relationships? What are they, specifically?

Yes, that sounds right. People have to be very driven to do a big project all by themselves, whether people do not have to be as determined or motivated when doing the same project with others.

The daring and aloof part of crossdressing for me doesn't seek approval from others or even cares what others think about crossdressing. I crossdress because I like to; there is no reason to get others involved in the activity. It's irrelevant if others love, hate or are indifferent to crossdressers. The former aspect is a loner in the literal sense. It's hard to form attachments to people when you're a loner.

You know even the loniest of loners needs someone to share with every now and then. I was an only child. Growing up, I only had four friends, and three of them were brothers. None of them really cared about me. See to them, I was just a way to play some extra video games. Or score some cards. Emotionally though, I was alone. It's made it hard to form friendships. It's caused me to shun them. Avoid them. And now here I am, twenty six, and I really only have three people aside from my girlfriend that I ever talk to. And it's sparse, sparse, talk. It's worked for the most part.

It's lead me to gravitate to solitary actives over the years. Writing, drawing, gaming, you know... but you know what? I've never been able to shake feeling lonely. King of the introverts, right? Groomed for it from birth. I should be used to it by now. But I'm not. I'm starting to think there's no avoiding it. It's just something that's hardwired deep down in our social brainstems. A need to share. Connect. Just be heard out by someone. Witnessed for what we are, good or bad.

Fixing it's tough. I mean I've got three friends. Clearly I'm no champion. I'll make up a million excuses as to why I can't. That I'm not a good enough writer. That I need to lose some weight. Offer more. Be better. There's always something. I try to shove the need back down my throat, and bury it under excuses, but it's like holding a balloon underwater. The damn thing just won't stay down.

From what it sounds like to me, you're crossdressing doesn't have to get in the way. You say you do it for yourself? Well good, I think you should. But that shouldn't stop your own natural need to connect. I don't think anything can. After all, your crossdressing is who you are. Just like being a loner is who you are. Nothing wrong with that. But still needing someone doesn't create a dichotomy with that. If anything, I think it'll take the edge off being alone if you find someone to spend just a little of your time with. Everyone needs someone else every once in a while. Even a really loney loner.

Well,if it's any help

I run a larg ish enterprise

I have thousands of contacts and people I know

Only 2 close friends ?

I spend all day being social
So love time on my own

Very few people have more than a handful of "friends"

Julie

(13-02-2016, 07:46 PM)Dana Mantra Eon Wrote:  You know even the loniest of loners needs someone to share with every now and then. I was an only child. Growing up, I only had four friends, and three of them were brothers. None of them really cared about me. See to them, I was just a way to play some extra video games. Or score some cards. Emotionally though, I was alone. It's made it hard to form friendships. It's caused me to shun them. Avoid them. And now here I am, twenty six, and I really only have three people aside from my girlfriend that I ever talk to. And it's sparse, sparse, talk. It's worked for the most part.

It's lead me to gravitate to solitary actives over the years. Writing, drawing, gaming, you know... but you know what? I've never been able to shake feeling lonely. King of the introverts, right? Groomed for it from birth. I should be used to it by now. But I'm not. I'm starting to think there's no avoiding it. It's just something that's hardwired deep down in our social brainstems. A need to share. Connect. Just be heard out by someone. Witnessed for what we are, good or bad.

Fixing it's tough. I mean I've got three friends. Clearly I'm no champion. I'll make up a million excuses as to why I can't. That I'm not a good enough writer. That I need to lose some weight. Offer more. Be better. There's always something. I try to shove the need back down my throat, and bury it under excuses, but it's like holding a balloon underwater. The damn thing just won't stay down.

From what it sounds like to me, you're crossdressing doesn't have to get in the way. You say you do it for yourself? Well good, I think you should. But that shouldn't stop your own natural need to connect. I don't think anything can. After all, your crossdressing is who you are. Just like being a loner is who you are. Nothing wrong with that. But still needing someone doesn't create a dichotomy with that. If anything, I think it'll take the edge off being alone if you find someone to spend just a little of your time with. Everyone needs someone else every once in a while. Even a really loney loner.

^^^ This. All about the same, except I also was miserable at school.

And then told I should be more social and make friends, and have lots of friends, and go out with them... (In the suburbs, mind, this wasn't exactly NYC. And I wasn't allowed to get my license until I was 27. And I wasn't allowed to go out without adult supervision until over 18. So, I'm amazed I've made it this far without trying to kill anyone... High IQ, low tolerance for bullsh!t, low patience, and a certain anti-social and anti-authoritarian instinct from being damaged. )

But even a loner needs a mate. Wolves form packs, and even tigers, panthers, pumas, etc come together to mate.

But the more intelligent you are, the less likely you'll tolerate people's stupidity. You see through the games, see the manipulations, and you KNOW it's all B.S. Like Crocodile Dundee: "You see those mountains over there? Been here since before man, and they'll be here long after you and I are dust. Arguing over who owns them is like fleas arguing over who owns the dog they're on."
The games are about the same thing. Polly gets hurt, Sally is a star, and 5 minutes later, Jim still doesn't give a crap about either... If you follow my meaning. (Billy, OTOH, thinks Jersey Shore was cool, and he's enthralled.... But his peak career level will be Starbucks Barrista, while Jim has a fellowship at MIT by 19.)

Jim hasn't made it to second base, if he's even made it to first... While Billy has a b@st@rd son already, and girls coming by just for a good "romp".

Jim's too serious, Billy entertains them... (sigh)

IF Jim learns the tricks, he could be turning them over like pancakes, too.... Billy couldn't support them (let alone his children) if all his earnings for life arrived in a lump sum. Nor would he care to. :-(

I'm turning into a misanthrope....

(Sort of down at the moment, I killed my cell phone, and I've spent the last three hours trying to connect ANY device to my computer. Plan was, plug in my phone via USB, copy off the media, replace phone. Three hours later, I found I needed to change Bios settings - hidden to the user - and I need to find the super-secret operating system setting in Winblows 10, because even when the USB settings are correct in Android, the tablet won't show up - won't even show it's connected. And the PC won't see it. So now I'm downloading Linux Mint to try and bastardize SOMETHING! and that's going to be an adventure by itself. Shouldn't things just EFFING WORK! by now? No, we need to make life difficult, and track all the innocent people, and put backdoors and snoopers into the software, so we MIGHT catch a "ter'rist" - the last several of whose plots were fomented by the FiBI's. And the root cause of which is US money and weapons and extra-territorial attacks and manipulations. And Billy Gates and Zuckerberg and all the others are all looking to depopulate the world, for WHAT? Elysium comes to mind... But I'm ranting. If only I had a battlemaster, or Veritech, I could at least vent productively...)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon