Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Julie sees a therapist

Hmmmm, I don't think MSM will stop...  After all, I am staying in the center.  I am not giving up my man card, just looking for my passport for a visiting on demand to the woman's world...

Pansy and Bobbi

Uh don't fret 

This is curiosity I'm not fence hopping

X

Julie

It's all good!?

I hope that goes well for you.

Woo hoo! Soon Julie ... soon you shall see the power of ... oh wait wrong movie. Wink

Seriously that's great news for you. I hope things go well. I just found out that my company covers therapy sessions, so it is something I need to look into as it is covered. Best of luck!!

Question for ya all ?

Is seeing a therapist the first stage in transition ?

Or can I be seen as a tool to prevent transition?

Thoughts

Julie

It

Rather

Julie

I don't consider counseling to be a preventative. More of a support role to explore and define goals, with any future pitfalls well known and talked about. Having gone to a therapist, as well as attending support groups in the past, sometimes it enlightens you to what you don't want to be. I saw a few pretty destructive personalities in group. Not all mind you, just a few.

A therapist does not sway you one way or another, or at least shouldn't be swaying you one way or another. A therapist should help you to realize what is right for you. They should be helping you to open your own eyes so that you can come to your own conclusions about yourself. Best of luck Julie in finding yourself. *HUGS*

A good therapist will ask, what seems, very unrelated question as to why you are there.  Then he/she will begin to delve into the real reason you are there.  The first 2 sessions were a "feeling out" period.  So that the therapist has a short bio of your life, so that they might have an immediate grasp of the situation you now might face.

It's sort of like I told my therapist a couple of weeks ago.  When I first went, I was hoping she would find another reason for me wanting to feminize to whatever degree that is, to be a fad, boredom or a form of suicide.  She has ruled out that, and instead thinks I am of the " Third Sex " or "Two Spirit".

So, in short.  A good and conscientious one will definitely start in a very neutral place.  Then try to figure out if it was upbringing, purely late onset or, just a fad.  Or, in my place, I was born a 2 spirit and just kept myself too busy to realize it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon