Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hair removal

(31-12-2012, 01:40 AM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  
(06-11-2010, 06:06 AM)Teeny Wrote:  One of the worst experiences of my life was on of those epillators. Omg it felt like I was on fire as it ripped my hairs out!

I found those hair removal creams have been fairly effective, and you can get nice smelling ones now. Just be careful not to leave them on longer than they recommend...I fell asleep with it on once and discovered it can give you some delicious chemical burns!

I had the same experience the first time I tried an epilator. But I gradually learned how to use it and now experience zero pain when I use it on my breasts. You should first shave your chest, and after the hair has had a few days to grow back use the epilator. Your skin should be very dry. I have found that coating the area with talcum powder reduces the friction and makes for a smooth and painless epilating session.

I have used depilatory creams, but had problems with burns, and also the hair grew back within a few days. It's not much better than shaving in that regard. With an epilator you will be hair free for 10-14 days and your breasts will be silky smooth to the touch. There may be some irritation the first times you use it, but the skin will get used to it. And when the hair grows back it doesn't do so all at once, and the hairs come in fine and soft. No stubble. There is nothing like the silky smooth breasts you get with an epilator!

Have you used the epilator on your pubic region? I would like a better/more permanent or longer-lasting solution than shaving for the whole zone, and waxing certain parts seems to tear the skin. If you or anyone else has detailed suggestions, I would love to receive them.

Yes, Spanky, I regularly use it on my pubic region. It took a while to master it, but I can now do it wiyhout pain or abrasion.

Thank you. I think I'll get one. I am so tired of shaving every day. I am really hoping that it will make a big difference in the the hair that grows back in.

(01-01-2013, 12:18 PM)spanky Wrote:  Thank you. I think I'll get one. I am so tired of shaving every day. I am really hoping that it will make a big difference in the the hair that grows back in.
I shaved for many years, but I would get a "five-o'clock shadow" within 12 hours or so, plus the beginnings of stubble (this was around thirty years ago). Then, back in those pre-internet days, when I thought I was alone in my desire for hairless pubes, I tried plucking with tweezers. This took forever initially, but I loved the result. Back then I had so much pubic hair that the hairs I plucked out at the beginning of the process were growing back in by the time I plucked out the last ones. But I noticed that occasionally I pulled out the root, so that over time fewer and fewer hairs grew back. Now I am at least 95% permanently smooth. And even the hairs that grow back are very fine and barely visible.

About fifteen years ago I heard about epilators and decided to get one. The epilator obviously makes the process of plucking a lot easier. But be very, very careful. It hurt like hell the first time I did it, and I mangled the skin. Initially I thought I had made a bad investment. But when my skin cleared up it felt and looked so smooth, I decided to keep using the epilator. Over time I figured out how to do it with a minimum of pain and without abrading the skin. The results have been fantastic. I LOVE my silky smooth breasts and pubes (I do my whole abdomen as well as my thighs.) If you want to see the results on my pubes, you can see it here: http://www.xtube.com/view.php?s=IkFl19BEKkx&p=0eAonKdBfRJ&pin=

I have been having my legs professionally waxed for about six months (I go about every six weeks). I'm really not happy with the results. My legs are smooth for only 1 to 2 days, then I can feel stubble. I'm not really sure why... I suspect that the hair is actually breaking off rather than being pulled out at the root follicle.

Does anyone have any experience or insight on what I can do for a better result?

(04-01-2013, 03:16 PM)Misty0732 Wrote:  I have been having my legs professionally waxed for about six months (I go about every six weeks). I'm really not happy with the results. My legs are smooth for only 1 to 2 days, then I can feel stubble. I'm not really sure why... I suspect that the hair is actually breaking off rather than being pulled out at the root follicle.

Does anyone have any experience or insight on what I can do for a better result?

Go to a different professional. Whoever you're having do it isn't doing it right if it doesn't last for at least a week even if your testosterone is raging high.

Just saw that Oil of Olay has a two part facial hair treatment. You apply a guard layer then a remover, leave it for 8 minutes (I think), then remove it with a cotton ball. the reviews at Walmart were quite favorable. No experience with it at all.

Hi,

I just got a epilator last week (little over a week ago). Remington 6025. Was @ $60.00

I have done my legs and buttock, it was not to bad at all.

I did my belly, little ouchy Smile

chest was take a deep breath or 2.

Groin was OMFG...but I lived. It took a few days for the swelling to go down. Big Grin

I had been using Veet. Veet lasted 7-10 days before I had to redo it.

So far no stubble, no growth than I can speak of, no ingrown hairs. I think the epilator, for me, beats shaving and Veet. I feel so smooth afterwards.

christina

(30-01-2013, 04:12 AM)ChristinaAnn Wrote:  Hi,

I just got a epilator last week (little over a week ago). Remington 6025. Was @ $60.00

I have done my legs and buttock, it was not to bad at all.

I did my belly, little ouchy Smile

chest was take a deep breath or 2.

Groin was OMFG...but I lived. It took a few days for the swelling to go down. Big Grin

I had been using Veet. Veet lasted 7-10 days before I had to redo it.

So far no stubble, no growth than I can speak of, no ingrown hairs. I think the epilator, for me, beats shaving and Veet. I feel so smooth afterwards.

christina

I have found that applying talcum powder to the surface can reduce the abrasion. I have been using an epilator for over ten years and over time it has pulled out most of the hair at the root, so my breasts are basically totally hairless now except for the odd hair or two. The pubes are over 90% permanently hairless.

I had a similar experience to you when I first started. I thought I had invested in an instrument of torture, but the results were so fantastic I kept at it, and learned to do it with a minimum of pain and abrasion.

Good luck!

I bought a Braun e-silk a couple of weeks ago after reading about it here. I have been quite pleased with the results so far. I only wish it could permanently get rid of the returning-stubble quicker. As for ChristinaAnn, the problem are is the pubic region, and I have yet to do anything but bodily harm to the scrotum (please excuse the somewhat graphic language).

Chest, buttocks, thighs, abdomen -- all have gone well and the pain involved is manageable. Indeed, after the first round, it seems almost insignificant. I have thus far left untouched a wedge between my breasts as my wife has said she likes to be able to grab me there. I also have not done the armpits, as again my wife was slow to accept deforestation there. I would rather "clear the deck," and hope to bring her along over time.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon