Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM with the standard 3?

The 40 minute thing is more of what I was asking. I've been taking some off and on for a couple of weeks. I start to feel different mentally pretty quick. Wasn't sure if it was the estrogen or if it was all in my head.

I can honestly say that I've never noticed any kind of mental change, even though I've been taking it regularly ( with a couple of two week breaks) for almost 9 months.

Yeah, I didn't mean I become more feminine. It's just when I do my hypnosis and message I have an easier time getting into after taking PM then when I do if I don't take anything. I wasn't sure if it was the pill or just being in the right mood because I knew I just took something. Pretty sure it's the latter now.

Wow lots to follow up on!
I am far to be the only one to comment on the femanising effects of PM. It has made me much calmer and I respond much better to the pressures of getting food out, I no longer loose it, the classic response of male chefs. I am thinking about other members of staff and how thet are coping; I drive far less aggresively and parellel parking is a vanishing skill. Friends {all most all T or female} are far more important, than before; all in all I feel a much better and nicer person, at the same time I am much more an observer, of male behaviour, and, most of it, I do not like. I do not feel driven by sexual urges, what matters are those around me. I have lost a huge amount of strengh and, sometimes, have to ask a man to do the job, because I can't; however, it goes further than that; jobs that I could well do, do not interest me, I cannot be arsed; get a man to do it!
My age has probably helped with the effects of PM, without the need for anti-androgens; so, if you are younger, the effects will, probably, be less, without anti-androgens.
To Pansae Mae, perhaps all I can say is, I have not felt the need to go back on WY and growth is surging ahead! Maybe you are right.
I do not think you will get any real; non placaebo, benefit in a short time scale. Your body not only has to take on board these hormones, that are deluging it, but needs time to cope with them. If I miss a dose, I do not feel any sudden change; if I lower the dose, the effect takes some considerable time, to kick in.

I am rounding the 3 week mark since I started PM and I haven't really noticed much change so I am going to drop SP and maybe up my dosage of PM to 3000mg daily, which would.probably work better in 3 8 hour increments opposed to 2 12 hour increments. I'm interested to hear results from those who have maybe tried a similar dose/schedule

(23-07-2011, 10:52 AM)dargona Wrote:  I am rounding the 3 week mark since I started PM and I haven't really noticed much change so I am going to drop SP and maybe up my dosage of PM to 3000mg daily, which would.probably work better in 3 8 hour increments opposed to 2 12 hour increments. I'm interested to hear results from those who have maybe tried a similar dose/schedule

3 weeks may be too soon to notice anything, it was 8 weeks after I dropped the FG &WY and switched to PM before I noticed anything.

In principle I agree with you about 3 times a day. I started on 2 x500mg three times a day but I found taking it in the middle of the afternoon was bit of a problem ( 7-30am - 3-30pm - 10pm was the planned programme, as near as I could get to equal gaps) and I often ended up not taking the afternoon ones until about 5pm. I also found I got an almost permanent headache, so I dropped to 2x500mg twice a day at 7-30am and 7-30pm which I can manage with pretty good accuracy and I don't get the headaches. As soon as I go to 5 or 6 a day they come back, so I guess my body is telling me something!

Because of my work, I take 3 caps in the morning and 3 at night. As to results, a nurse who was dealt with transsexuals, assumed I was post op and today, I realise I must have been a growing girl, in the night, as, quite suddenly, I have the beginings of a cleavage and it wasn't there yesterday morningSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
Big Grin 

That's awesome Chrissie!Big Grin

(12-07-2011, 08:12 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  I can honestly say that I've never noticed any kind of mental change, even though I've been taking it regularly ( with a couple of two week breaks) for almost 9 months.

Hi Pansy-Mae,

Then you are the one who can answer this: people's writing style changes within a week on PM. I'd call it euphoric. I checked psychotropic herb communities, but PM is unknown there. Chrissie ascribes it to estrogen, but she herself suffers far less moodswings than TSs on estradiol. And I don't know if estrogen can peak within a week on any herb. The GGs on the board go through the same change too. So what is this mental change? How would you describe it? Or am I just over-interpreting people's posts?

Chrissie and others,

Interested in your views too!

I'm not at all sure I can answer your question tbh. I've seen many posters saying how much more feminine they feel and in the way they think and how much less aggressive they are, when taking phyto-estrogens of any type, and I've often wondered why I feel none of those effects at all.

The only explanation I've been able to come up with for myself, and I have absolutely no idea if it has any real basis, is that the degree of change that you are feeling depends on where you start on the masculine-feminine scale.

If I compare myself to what Chrissie has publicly written about herself ( I hope she doesn't mind, and I apologise profusely if I have misinterpreted anything you've said, Chrissie), then I get a sense of the old male Chrissie being " a man's man" - fast aggressive driving, tattoo's, sports, etc whereas all those things have always left me cold and I've always been happier in female company, I like sewing, shopping for clothes, etc.
So, just maybe, my basic makeup is so much closer to the feminine side that the effect of the herbs is much less noticeable in me than for a some other men. Whether that in turn means that I have a higher natural estrogen level or something, I don't honestly know and I have no intention of going for hormone level checks right now! All I can say in that dept is that many years ago I managed to produce two sons in the first month of trying each time, so that side of things was working fine!

For what its all worth.

Pansy Mae

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon